• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I really want to go during free dining?

Ana, we will be at Coronado Springs the same time as you Aug. 30- Sept. 4. this will be our second time going during free dining, we went the end of Sept to the beginning of Oct. it was a great time to go. We have also gone twice in the beginning of Nov. the weather was nice, barely any rain, but if I had a choice I would do free dining at the end of sept.

keep in mind that the end of September is PRIME Hurricane Season. (not that that would keep me going ;) )

We went in september in 2006 during free dining and the crowds were not too bad but it was sweltering hot and the restaurants were busy. The parks were moderately crowded but if you go in the morning it wasn't bad at all. Also it's cooler in the morning. It didn't rain much I guess we were lucky though. It rained only 1 night for a few hours. We also went in November right after jersey week in 2003, I think Nov. 14-21 and it was the ebst trip ever. Beautiful weather and low crowds. that is my favorite time to go. November is good before Thanksgiving and after Jersey week. You would want to check in the 10th or 11th when the crowds head home. Unfortunately we can't pull DD from school during this time so we are going during fall break. It was just too hot for us during free dining and again DD would miss some school. We are just paying for the DDP this time.

Thanks for the replies everyone! We're going to have to make a decision soon...especially if we go in Sept. for the free dining. There won't be any ADRs left if we wait too long! I've always wanted to go during F&W though..... decisions, decisions :confused3

I went during free dining last year (August 16-27) although I booked too late to get the dining plan for free. :mad: Anyways, lol, it wasn't that crowded at all. The longest wait we had was for space mountain and it was 25mins at most. We also made ADR's for all the restaurants we wanted to eat at about three weeks before we left and had no probelems.

I'd say go, enjoy free dining, and the parks being not-so-crowded :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter