Do I really want to be in LTT at 6:05 on MNSSHP night?

perd

DIS Veteran
I really wanted to eat more like 4-ish, so we could then run around and enjoy things before the party actually started. I'm afraid LTT might be a madhouse and we will waste a lot of time sitting and eating when we could be having fun. I'm going to keep trying for an earlier reservation but if I can't get it, may have to switch to CP instead, or just eat counter service.

We do want to try LTT this trip but it doesn't have to be THAT night. And is LTT better for lunch or dinner?

Also, what is so special at LTT on MNSSHP night? Why does everyone try to book that restaurant? Any special reason?

It's not terrible, but having done MNSSHP last year, I wouldn't want to be in a restaurant while the party was going on right outside! :) I'd keep trying for an earlier time (which you're already doing) but either way you'll have a blast.

have fun!

I really wanted to eat more like 4-ish, so we could then run around and enjoy things before the party actually started. I'm afraid LTT might be a madhouse and we will waste a lot of time sitting and eating when we could be having fun. I'm going to keep trying for an earlier reservation but if I can't get it, may have to switch to CP instead, or just eat counter service.

We do want to try LTT this trip but it doesn't have to be THAT night. And is LTT better for lunch or dinner?

Also, what is so special at LTT on MNSSHP night? Why does everyone try to book that restaurant? Any special reason?

When we went down last year for MNSSHP we just grabbed a quick hotdog, fries, and chicken fingers, because we did not want to be held up by eating. Like you said you can always go another night, MNSSHP is that one night, I know I would want all the time I could get out in the park! Because they dress it up so cool! And there are so many fun things to do, the night goes by so quickly! On the other hand your reservation is at 6 ish so you will probably be out of there around 8, and that is really when the park goes into full swing with MNSSHP. (The first hour we were there they were ushering all the guests who didnt have tickets out of the park.) So it just depends on what you guys want to do, if you think you could sit through dinner on MNSSHP night and sit and actually enjoy dinner and not rush through it, then try it. If you dont want to take any chances of slow wait staff, then I would say go CP or counter service! ( we love CP!!) I have never eaten at LTT, but I believe they advertise it so much because that is one of the only full service sit down meals open during the party, so I guess that they want to make sure people know they can still have a sit down dinner. What I would do... I would either get a reservation at CP for around 4 ish like you said or just do a counter service around 6. Hope I helped! Either way you will have a great time! :thumbsup2

With a 6:05p ADR you won't be done till at least 7:15p if you are seated right away. Yes, LTT will be a zoo on party nights. If you do eat there, get there at least 20 minutes early to assure you are seated on time.

I never make an ADR past 5:45p myself. I don't want to be in a restaurant past 6:45p.

4:00p is too early for my family. Our ADRs are usually between 5:00p and 5:30p.

I've heard that LTT is much better at lunch than dinner, food-wise but I've only had dinner there. It's family style (all you can eat) Thanksgiving-type Stouffer's food. We do not like the dinner food very much. Lunch doesn't have characters though.

What's so special about LTT? Well, it's a combination of things.
It's that it can be booked even if you haven't reached your 180 day mark (that excites people); it's that it's open till 9:30p; it's that people think it's the only place to eat at MK party nights (not true); it's that mentality that "well, if everyone else is booking it, so should I" and lastly it's that the characters wear Halloween eye masks so it can be a festive way to start the night.

I personally prefer eating at CP or Tony's or even the Castle (before the price increase) rather than LTT. I made my ADR at Tony's last year at 5:35p and we were done by 6:40p.

I'm not a fan of doing counter service during the party either. I've seen the lines and I don't want to stop for food during the party; I want it over and done with before the party begins.

It's all a personal choice.

Here's an example of the eye mask:
minnie_halloween_2002.jpg

I agree with most of what BeattyFamily said. Take her advice, she's done this party a zillion times!

We've only done it once, but we enjoyed LTT, because for us, it put us "in the mood" for the evening.

Your timing might not be as bad as you think. If they again let people in at 4:00 with your MNSSHP ticket as they have done in the past, then get there at 4:00 and ride rides until a few minutes before your ADR. Get there about 20 minutes early as BeattyFamily suggested.

When you are done, which should be right around 7 ish, you will step outside to see all the cool "effects" for the party in place, and many of the "neat things" related to the party take place in Liberty Square, so you are right there! Now you've got a full tummy and can enjoy the rest of your evening!

Just my .02 cents! ENJOY!

We ate at LTT before MNSSHP in '02. Pretty much because I saw people on here blaring about it and scrambling to get an ADR (PS back then). Nothing special about it at all, as it turns out.

The next year we ate at the Plaza, as we did for MVMCP last December, and we spent less time and money and weren't stuffed from the all-you-can-eat part. (I take that stuff seriously, unfortunately.) For our 4:45-ish ADR at the Plaza, we were in and out and hit the party while everyone else swarmed LTT and CP. And I bet you'll be able to get whatever time you want, too.

We have an ADR for LTT on our P&PP night for 5:10, and honestly I don't think I'd want one much later. It gives us something to do while the crowds are still nuts, and then we don't have to worry about food for the rest of the night (espically if the girls fill up on chocolate!)

If we get seated by 5:30 and are done by 6:30, that still gives us an hour before the party "really" begins. But your mileage may vary, as they say!

Since we don't go to any of the parks on the day of the party, what we usually do is sleep in (or try to). Eat a very light breakfast, fruit or yogurt. Take a dip in the resort pool and head over to Kona café for a late lunch. If we have time we walk around the POly and shop around.

Then when 4pm rolls arounf we head over to the MK and take in as many rides as possible before the party starts. When 7pm rolls around, we do all the trick or treating, character pictures, and parades til 12am.

It works out well and we get the most out of the party.

I wouldn't do it that night. It did take a long time and we just wanted to hurry up and get out and enjoy the party! The party goes by quick enough as it is. We eat before we go to the party so we can spend the whole night having fun and enjoying the party. Also, we got in for the party with just the party tickets last year at 3pm!!!

I wouldn't do it that night. It did take a long time and we just wanted to hurry up and get out and enjoy the party! The party goes by quick enough as it is. We eat before we go to the party so we can spend the whole night having fun and enjoying the party. Also, we got in for the party with just the party tickets last year at 3pm!!!

You got lucky as for most everyone else it was 4:00p.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter