Do I really need an ADR.......

...probably...probably...and deffinatly!

The dining plan has changed who is booking ADR's and if you don't want to wait 2 hours to be seated I would deffinately make the ADR's.

Stephanie in Idaho
The 6' of snow really is pixie dust... :tink: only 56 days till WDW.
DH... :tigger: Can't wait to see Tigger again!
ME... :eeyore: Just happy to be going back so soon!

LoveMyLAP-BAND said:
for Alfredos and La Cantina and SciFi?

Thanks!

Almost certainly, almost certainly and almost certainly.

Lunch will be easier to get in with no ADR than dinner. A small party easier than a large party, and September easier than July. But I've seen people turned away from all three restaurants - they are all very popular.

I would say yes. Being hungry and waiting around for food at WDW is trying for a family.:earsboy:

Yes. When we went in Dec there were people being turned away because the resturaunt was book for the night,,,, Alfredo's, H&V and Liberty Tree were 3 of the ones we ate at and heard the CM's telling people it was full. However, if you do have later seatings than you want you have a good chance of showing up earlier and getting in earlier. We showed up amost an hour and a half early to one of our Chef Mickey ADR's and were seated within 15 minutes.

BTW,,, the manager at Alfredo's said they are the single busiest Italian Resturaunt in the world, serving an average of 2500 people per day.

crisi said:
Lunch will be easier to get in with no ADR than dinner. .

Not necessarily so. Two of the days of our last trip - in the beginning of December - we were in the Studios and there were no lunch ADRs available at any restaurants but there were still dinner ADRs available

Shelly

It depends on how many people you have and if you'd be willing to wait for a few hours, and if you'd be really upset if you didn't get in.

Alfredo's- probably, but I've never been . . .
San Angel Inn (?) (I wasn't sure which restaurant you meant, but figured it was probably Mexico . . . ) try for lunch- this isn't as popular a place at lunchtime- if you can go when it first opens- it was almost empty!
Sci Fi- definitely make one ASAP.

Good luck!

I have gone in the past without ADR but it seem to be harder and harder to get seating lately.

We were at Disney the 3rd week of October. Attendence at the parks were low, very little wait for rides. Yet you couldn't get into a restaurant.

I had made a few dinner ADR ahead of time about 30 days out (limited selection on times and restaurants). Good thing because very few restaurants had anything available. I do think the dinning plan has effected most sit down restaurants.

Yes, yes, yes! Or you'll be eating counter service food--okay, if it's only once a day but every meal?? No way! :stir:

We just returnd & I would advice ar when ever possible. Even if you make them the same day. Just make them. We found big waits other wise. Better to make them and cancel them then not have them
Rifgirlsmom

shellybaxter said:
Not necessarily so. Two of the days of our last trip - in the beginning of December - we were in the Studios and there were no lunch ADRs available at any restaurants but there were still dinner ADRs available

Shelly

Yeah, I've seen that happen in the Studios as well. Forgot about that. We don't tend to go to the Studios much.

handicap18 said:
However, if you do have later seatings than you want you have a good chance of showing up earlier and getting in earlier. We showed up amost an hour and a half early to one of our Chef Mickey ADR's and were seated within 15 minutes.

This is always a great plan. Remember, these are not "reservations", just "priority seating"s and so if you are on their schedule, they will usually just fit you in when you arrive. Not a guarantee, just good rule of thumb.

/carmi

When we went to Alfredo's at the end of August, they were not accepting walk ins at all. I would definately make those ADR's :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter