Do I really need a travel clock?

PurplePrincess4

Mouseketeer
I have read others notes here that said the clock in the stateroom is basically useless because you can't see it at night. Should I bring along a lit travel clock or not?:confused3 It is just another thing to pack!

It is difficult to see at night, but you have a light right by your bedside to use to see the clock. The center of the clock comes out of the "propellers", so all you need to set at beside is the center rather than the entire clock. Also, it has a nice wake up to "When you wish upon a star".

After 2 cruises, I plan on bringing mine. I wake up in the middle of the night and like to know what time it is. Don't really care to turn on the lights to see the clock.

The telephone wake up call system is easy to use and you wake up to Mickey every morning.

I second that!

On the cruise I am usually so tired when I crash that I dont wake up during the night, until that is the phone wake up call rings (despite at home normally waking up);)
:cloud9:

I always use my cell phone for alarm clock and bedside time. Hit one button and it lights up. Less to pack

I always use my cell phone for alarm clock and bedside time. Hit one button and it lights up. Less to pack

That's so cool! I just looked at the settings on my phone. I never knew I could do that with it! Guess that tells you how much I use my cell phone. :rolleyes1

Be careful with your cell phone, as I believe the ships offer cell service now but it has charges associated with it. If you get a message or it rings and you answer it out of habit, you will incur the charges. Make sure you put it in airplane mode if you want to leave it on and use it as your clock. Or else just buy a Timex watch with Indiglo.

We used my husbands wrist watch which you can see easily. It literally drives me crazy not to know what time it is when I wake up!

We wake up to Mickey. It sets the modd for the day ahead!!! ;) Whether we're on the cruise or staying at a WDW resort, we always use the wake up call service and it works great. Now we wake up to Stitch at the resorts but that another story for another day.....

I alway pack our clock...it is the size of a credit card and it folds flat. I like to see what time it is in the middle of the night as well. It doubles as a night light!

I do not necessarily need an alarm clock but it drove me nuts waking up and not knowing the time. I plan to bring a projection clock. Our next cruise will be for 15 days (repo) so it will be worth it to pack it. I am also packing my own fan - but that is another issue;) .

We have never brought one, and doubt I ever will.

When we needed a wake up call, we used the ship's Mickey wake up call, and loved it.

I did leave my watch beside my bed however, as I do like to know the time..

Without my glasses I can't see any clock except my wrist watch, and only if I hold it about 4 inches from my face.

It just seems like another thing to pack and another thing to keep track of. I wouldn't bother. But then again, I never need to know the time throughout the night...certainly not on vacation. And I'm the one who drives people nuts by never wearing a watch.

Cheryl,

I bought a really small one at Target for around 5 bucks. I figured at the price and size I would rather have it than not. Especially since, like some others here, I hate not knowing the time when I wake up or when I'm woken up by DS. :)

Michele

I do not necessarily need an alarm clock but it drove me nuts waking up and not knowing the time. I plan to bring a projection clock. Our next cruise will be for 15 days (repo) so it will be worth it to pack it. I am also packing my own fan - but that is another issue;) .

We were on the Magic last week, and boy I could have used a fan too. It's tough to put on makeup and dress up in a steamy cabin after everyone has showered before dinner.

I did bring a small alarm clock as well. I liked being able to see it beside the bed in the middle of the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter