Do I really need a stroller rain cover?

We bought a Baby Trend jogging stroller for our last trip and wanted a rain cover, too. We had a great deal of trouble trying to find one and ended up checking on ebay. Of course, we found one! It cost less than $20 shipped and worth every penny.

One night at HS it poured. We all had our ponchos on, and DD2 was in her stroller, with rain cover. All worked out well, but others without a rain cover weren't so happy. We actually witnessed an argument of a hubby and wife about not having a rain cover, "you were too cheap not to buy one and now look - they have one!".

Buy one. You may not use it, but if you do, you'll be happy you have one.

coconuts--- Yes the stroller cover fit good. I tried it out in babies r us before I purchased it. We only used it once while we where there.

Does anyone know if the Dis has a trade board? We have a travel bag and a unused rain cover for a double Maclaren that we never used (we used the single instead).....I figured the Dis would be a better place to try and trade/sell it since lots of us use strollers at the parks :)

We have a rather large double stroller that we need to bring. I was having trouble finding a rain cover that wasn't really expensive. I really didn't want to pay a lot for something we may or may not use. Then one day I was reading a trip report. This person used a shower cutain. Guess what?? I will be packing mine today. It was $2.50 from Target, and we got large binder clips to keep it in place. It is a clear liner. If it works great if not lesson learned.

We have a rather large double stroller that we need to bring. I was having trouble finding a rain cover that wasn't really expensive. I really didn't want to pay a lot for something we may or may not use. Then one day I was reading a trip report. This person used a shower cutain. Guess what?? I will be packing mine today. It was $2.50 from Target, and we got large binder clips to keep it in place. It is a clear liner. If it works great if not lesson learned.

Just be sure to put it up some on the sides so they aren't sweating underneath it with no fresh air coming in. That's what I loved about the protect a bub one we got...it has air vents, sort of like a golf umbrella, so it doesn't fog up and they don't sweat underneath it but it still keeps everything dry.

It just seems to me it would be a hassle to have to clip and unclip a poncho or shower curtain everytime a child needed in or out. With the rain cover, I just slid it up and back down whenever DD wanted in or out...it fit perfect everytime. There were air vents so she always had fresh air flowing through, and as PP said, it didn't fog up. Granted it never folded back to fit in the little bag it came in but a quart size ziploc bag was a great size. If it got wet during the day I would just take it out in the evening back in the room and hang it to dry.

CJ's Mommy, if you wouldn't mind, do you think you could post back on this thread to let me know if it fits? Thanks, that would be great.:goodvibes

It fits!! The velcro is kinda weird, I haven't exactly figured out where to velcro, but it's not needed to keep it on anyway. There's velcro straps that go around the handle bars and those are sufficient to keep it on. I am happy with my purchase! Beats the heck out of the baby jogger rain cover for $30 something bucks! :cool1:

It fits!! The velcro is kinda weird, I haven't exactly figured out where to velcro, but it's not needed to keep it on anyway. There's velcro straps that go around the handle bars and those are sufficient to keep it on. I am happy with my purchase! Beats the heck out of the baby jogger rain cover for $30 something bucks! :cool1:

Thanks so much for the feedback!:thumbsup2

I bought mine at Burlington Baby Depot for $ 8.99 and it has worked perfect for my DD stroller. It has vents for her to breathe and cover the stroller all the way to the floor. And is a pretty sturdy material .We've been using for 3 years and is still intact (we only use it for Disney trips like the ponchos).
You can look on the baby depot ,they have the covers for different types of strollers even for doubles.

I found my double stroller cover at Sears for 12.99. I learned the hard way that in Sept even if its sunny when we are parking the stroller to put the cover on anyways. It rains for 10 minutes and than it's sunny again, you come out to sun and a sopping wet stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter