Do I REALLY need a new Entertainment Card?

Wolfelaw

<font color="blue">Who needs the law when you have
I am going to Orlando for a short stay, and have an Entertainment Card rate of $110 a night at the RPR for December 6th and 7th. I have a 2003 Entertainment Card, which I assumed would still work, but I dug it out just now and noticed that it says that it's only good through November 1 of 2003.

So I know the "correct" answer to this -- yes, I need the 2004 card. But I've read on these boards that often, people aren't even asked for their Entertainment Cards at check in. No one in my area sells the book, so I'd have to buy it on-line, and in fact, I've never used my 2003 card, so I doubt I'd use the 2004 card other than for this one trip. My question is, does anyone have a sense as to whether they do ask most people to show their cards at check in?

In the end, I'm pretty sure I'll buy the book, just to be safe. Just curious as to what others think. Thanks!

When I checked into the RPR in July, I was asked to show my Entertainment Card. I would not take a chance.

I have to agree. That could really put a damper on your trip. Also, you can use that discount locally at restaurants, etc., so it is worth the money IMO.

You definitely do.We have 2 rooms booked at the Entertainment rate.The man on the phone told me to make sure to bring 2 cards or they wouldn't honor the rate for both rooms.I asked if I could use the 2003 and a 2004 and was told no the 2003 will expire before December 10.

If you buy the book for your local area, it will more than pay for itself with all the restaurant discounts available to you. There are also movie discounts, shopping discounts, etc. It's hard to not get your money's worth out of these books.

I got the rate without the card 10/3. The 2004 Orlando book is only $20 with free shipping through Mousesavers. I'd call my lawyer!

Yes, it's possible not to be asked to show your Ent. Card, but you wouldn't want to take a chance.

Also, you don't have to have the card to make a reservation at the Ent. Rate, but you certainly want to have the card with you at check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter