Do i NOT follow Josh's recommendations?

Wait, what?! I can do this??? I think I'd faint if he really answered!!!! :)

LOL.... you can also ask questions at the bottom of a blog post.

And there is a forum that is great for more detailed questions/answers.

He's got one of the best Disney sites there is

LOL.... you can also ask questions at the bottom of a blog post.

And there is a forum that is great for more detailed questions/answers.

He's got one of the best Disney sites there is

I check out his site quite a bit but I forgot it had forums too. Dis Boards are better but don't tell him I said that! I think I'll post something there and see what he recommends.

To answer your question, Epcot on a Friday during Food and Wine Festival is not ideal. And Magic Kingdom on a Saturday in the heart of Mickey's Party season is not ideal. Which is why those parks are not recommended. I would be less concerned about the Hollywood Studios recommendation as there isn't a lot of variability in crowds and wait times with Fantasmic scheduled nightly.

The problem with Hollywood Studios during Mickey's Party season is that so many people avoid Magic Kingdom on Party nights with the 7pm close. So you might go from 35,000 people in MK on a Friday and then 65,000 on a Saturday. Those 30,000 people don't stay home on Friday - they're spread out among the other parks. And with Studios offering a pretty reliable schedule and Fantasmic every night, it tends to be less busy on days when Magic Kingdom and Epcot are pulling in the crowds.

As far as what schedule would be ideal in your situation, I would need to see which parks you're planning to go to on which days.

Epcot on a Friday during Food and Wine is no joke. But you can beat those crowds by doing 9am - 11am in Future World, 11am - 5pm in World Showcase, and then 5pm - 9pm or so back in Future World. Otherwise you're liable to see me and my blogging buddies cursing at children at the Scotland booth.

Magic Kingdom on a Saturday when it closes at 7pm on 3 or 4 nights isn't ideal either. But you can still do well from 9am - 1pm and then 7pm - close. The middle of the day is best spent at the resort or at the highest capacity/lowest popularity attractions.

Keep in mind October is still pretty hot too.

O. M. G. I can't breathe. He really answered me! All I can picture in my head is Josh with his awesome Cookie Monster costume! <3

But seriously, thanks for your help. We are doing a quick 3 days in the parks trip over fall break. Here's my plan: Thurs 10/10 HS until 3:30 then MNSSHP. Fri 10/11 Epcot. Sat 10/12 MK. I figured MNSSHP would be less crowded on Thursday but if you think it would be better, I could switch Thursday and Friday. I really want a full day at Epcot and MK. Any thoughts?

To answer your question, Epcot on a Friday during Food and Wine Festival is not ideal. And Magic Kingdom on a Saturday in the heart of Mickey's Party season is not ideal. Which is why those parks are not recommended. I would be less concerned about the Hollywood Studios recommendation as there isn't a lot of variability in crowds and wait times with Fantasmic scheduled nightly.

The problem with Hollywood Studios during Mickey's Party season is that so many people avoid Magic Kingdom on Party nights with the 7pm close. So you might go from 35,000 people in MK on a Friday and then 65,000 on a Saturday. Those 30,000 people don't stay home on Friday - they're spread out among the other parks. And with Studios offering a pretty reliable schedule and Fantasmic every night, it tends to be less busy on days when Magic Kingdom and Epcot are pulling in the crowds.

As far as what schedule would be ideal in your situation, I would need to see which parks you're planning to go to on which days.

Epcot on a Friday during Food and Wine is no joke. But you can beat those crowds by doing 9am - 11am in Future World, 11am - 5pm in World Showcase, and then 5pm - 9pm or so back in Future World. Otherwise you're liable to see me and my blogging buddies cursing at children at the Scotland booth.

Magic Kingdom on a Saturday when it closes at 7pm on 3 or 4 nights isn't ideal either. But you can still do well from 9am - 1pm and then 7pm - close. The middle of the day is best spent at the resort or at the highest capacity/lowest popularity attractions.

Keep in mind October is still pretty hot too.

Is the server down? Or is it just me? I can't access easywdw.com.:sad1:

Well, I was a fan of easywdw until I saw Josh's twitter response to this thread:

josh @easywdw 15h
THAT DEPENDS. DO YOU LITERALLY WANT TO HAVE THE WORST VACATION OF YOUR LIFE? DO YOU? TELL ME. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3126375 &

Seems pretty snarky if you ask me....

You can't have been a fan of his for long if that's the first time you've heard him be snarky. Lol. He's pretty well known for it and it is a big part of the reason that most of his fans like him. We like the sarcasm.

Well, I was a fan of easywdw until I saw Josh's twitter response to this thread:

josh ‏@easywdw 15h
THAT DEPENDS. DO YOU LITERALLY WANT TO HAVE THE WORST VACATION OF YOUR LIFE? DO YOU? TELL ME. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3126375 …

Seems pretty snarky if you ask me....

You realize he came to this thread and posted a 4-ish paragraph (I didn't count) response HELPING OUT OP right??? You should probably have your sarcasm detector checked out.

And yes, his site is down right now. He responded to someone on twitter about it.

Josh uses sarcasm to poke fun, mostly at himself, sometimes at Disney, and occasionally at us over-the-top planners. The twitter post is his way of saying there's no real "wrong" way to tour, even if it means occasionally being in a "not recommended" park on a certain day.

Sure, it's easier to do parks on recommended days, but if you go in armed with some knowledge (like the OP is doing), and you have realistic expectations, it'll be fine.

Josh uses sarcasm to poke fun, mostly at himself, sometimes at Disney, and occasionally at us over-the-top planners. The twitter post is his way of saying there's no real "wrong" way to tour, even if it means occasionally being in a "not recommended" park on a certain day.

Sure, it's easier to do parks on recommended days, but if you go in armed with some knowledge (like the OP is doing), and you have realistic expectations, it'll be fine.

Firstly, I completely agree.:thumbsup2 Secondly, haven't we met before?;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter