Do I need to worry about SM & GRR w/ ear tubes?

Cindarelly

Earning My Ears
DD is getting tubes put in tomorrow. A total last minute decision, but very much needed!
We leave for DL next week. Has anyone taken their kids on those "wet" rides when they have tubes in? Do you make them wear ear plugs? Or do they not get wet enough where we won't have to worry about it?
We had plugs specially made, but I don't think we'll get them before we leave next week. So I'll probably have to pick up some of that waxy stuff at RiteAid, if she's going to need it there.
TIA for your help!! This board rocks for the over-planner in me!! :love:

Not at all. Unless she falls out and her head is submerged under water, she doesn't need any type of ear plugs.

My DD got tubes last october and it was the EASIEST (5 minutes, literally) surgery and it has made a HUGE difference.

ETA: and she's not going to fall out...don't worry about that either LOL!

I agree... no need for plugs on the water rides. My DD has had two sets of tubes (the first round didn't work so well, the second time she had her adenoid glands removed along with putting in the tubes)... and the water rides were not an issue.

You will however, probably want to pick up the waxy ear plugs for bath time and swim time. I found that the waxy ear plugs they sell in the stores (we got the orange ones that you roll into a ball and press into the ear opening) tend to be too big... easy fix though, I just cut one plug in half and VIOLA two ear plugs. :thumbsup2 The other option you have for bath time, if you don't want to pick up the waxy ear plugs, is put a cotton ball in your child's ear and rub some vaseline on the outside of it, that'll seal it in place (and repell the water from absorbing into the cotton ball).

Good luck and have fun on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter