Do I need to preorder Epic Mickey?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I'm planning on getting this and the new Christmas Carol Blu ray this month. I have 2 $10 gift certs from Toys R Us, and the 10 movie coupon, and I'm just trying to figure the best purchase scenario. Don't want to wait until release/price drop/sale (like I normally do) to buy Epic Mickey if its a hot gift this season and will be difficult to find. So, I can either 1) buy the movie at Target/BB for 18, and use my GC to preorder the game for 25, or 2) use my GC to get the movie for 5, and wait till I can get a used copy of the game (for about 30?). Which would be advisable?

Over on the CB there was a thread where people were talking about pre-ordering it.. I don't know if they expect it to sell out or what, but my adult DD is interested in it, so I gave her a heads up yesterday..:goodvibes

Popular games don't sell used for that cheap, that early. Most of the good Nintendo games (Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, etc.) I've only found used for $5 off the full price.

I'm not sure if preordering would be necessary or not. You could always see if you could put the GC towards a preorder at TRU, as I think at the very least Gamestop lets you do that.

But if you expect the game to drop to $30, you'll be waiting a few years, I think.

If you preorder from Amazon they will give you a $10 credit for a future video game purchase when you order the standard edition.

Denise in MI

its 20% off at disney if you preorder so I've been tempted.
Wow,,thanks! I had gotten the 20% off thing (free shipping at $75) and had put some stuff in my cart but didn't really find stuff I wanted to get to the 75 so pretty much just closed out. I guess I didn't realize they had an Epic Mickey thing there! Sooo..I need 2 so added them to the cart and the 20% was applied..so they came up as $40 each. great deal. My other things were still in my cart so got them also. Thanks.

i dunno if YOU need to pre-order it but apparently *I* did. And it's ALL YOUR FAULT! I woulda never even known about it if I hadn't read this post!

I see an increase in my wii time...oy.

If you preorder from Amazon they will give you a $10 credit for a future video game purchase when you order the standard edition.

Denise in MI

This is what I did too,,,they had a great price for the collector edition and actually had the paintbrush controller in stock:thumbsup2

This is what I did too,,,they had a great price for the collector edition and actually had the paintbrush controller in stock:thumbsup2

I'm confused.. Are there accessories my DD will have to purchase to use with this game?

Thanks! :goodvibes

its 20% off at disney if you preorder so I've been tempted.
I was trying to wait until I decided what to do with my Toys R US gift certs, but I've been so obsessively checking every game website for updates that purchasing now was necessary for my mental health, LOL! There were a few cute things that sucked me into the Disney Shopping website, so now I have the game preorder, a hoodie, a cute park tee for DD, an Alice headband, and 2 Kookie pens for the bargain price of 81.58 (with tax). Wish I could've found the gift card a coworker had given me a while ago, but I guess it'll turn up sometime.

What I didn't know it had a paint brush controller...darn now I'm going to have to order it lol

I just looked I so did not see a paint brush controller... are you talking about the skins?

Thank you for posting this...I was wondering how to manage this purchase next month and this made it so much simpler...AND cheaper!

I went ahead and got the deluxe pack and this will be hubby's WOW gift.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter