• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I need to carry cash??

LHARPSTER

Tiggermommie
How does everything work?

Can I pay with my room key and then pay it when I depart on my check out day?

Does every store/vendor take debit/credit?

Are there places that only accept cash?

Thanks in advance!

I always kept some cash on me just in case, but rarely needed it. I think most of the places were set up to take a room charge or credit card, some of the carts might only take cash though. I'd just keep like $20 or so in my wallet, that way I had it when it was needed.

I would suggest a small amount of cash. There are a few carts that may not be able to take room keys. So I would suggest carrying about $20 on you so that you can get water/soda.

I always kept some cash on me just in case, but rarely needed it. I think most of the places were set up to take a room charge or credit card, some of the carts might only take cash though. I'd just keep like $20 or so in my wallet, that way I had it when it was needed.

I always though that too but I have read reports that even balloon vendors have portable swipe readers.

But OP you should still have some cash.

I always though that too but I have read reports that even balloon vendors have portable swipe readers.

But OP you should still have some cash.

They do?!?!:headache: Poop...I hope my kids don't find out..there goes my only out on buying those things. ;)

Sometimes the card swipe machines aren't working too well at the carts. So I would keep some cash on me.

I think I carried the same 20 bucks around with me for the whole week. You don't need to carry much, but like others have said, it's nice to have a little cash just in case.

I think I carried the same 20 bucks around with me for the whole week. You don't need to carry much, but like others have said, it's nice to have a little cash just in case.

I go to WDW 4-6 times a year and always do that. I always stick a $20.00 bill in with my ID stuff, but have yet to find anyplace that didn't accept a card. I usually use Disney gift cards down there and have found a few restaurants that don't accept them, but they always accept a cc. I think that same $20.00 bill has been stuck in with my other cards for several years now.:rotfl: I never spend cash down there (other than for bell services and housekeeping---which I always prestuff those envelopes before I ever leave home).

I generally carry $50-100, but like some others don't usually spend a lot of it if any.

I would only carry a little bit. I learned a tough lesson on my last visit when I lost a $100 bill. I'll just be using my room key this year and will take about $20 cash.

This is going to sound strange but I carry enough cash with me to pay for my meals each day including TS meals if I have any on a particular day. I don't always have a TS meal so I'm not carrying tons of cash every day.

That way if there is a power outage, I can still quickly pay for my meal and be on my way instead of sitting around while the manager has to figure out how to handle all the KTTW cards/dining plan stuff with no electricity.

Silly I know but it works for me. :rotfl:

Like other people, we only carry a small amount of cash--around $40. Everyplace takes credit cards it seems!

We hardly ever carry cash. All of our purchases go directly on our KTTW card or our debit card. :)

Like, GaSleepingBeautyFan, I carry money for meals.

I always bring about $20 to $50 in bills and about $2.00 in quarters, in case there's an worst case scenario emergency. There's enough money in my bag for a meal, a souvenir, a cab ride and a phone call.

That way, I've got enough to cover me if a) my KttW doesn't work, I'm covered and b) If there's an emerg (power goes out, cell dies and there's no possible option etc), I'm covered.

I didn't use cash once on either of my last two trips. But as other posters have said, carrying around a $20 probably isn't a bad idea.

The best thing to do is have a lot of change for those change stamping machines. Other than that, its preference. I pay for everything with my credit card....REWARDS! ca-ching!

Actually, along these lines - Let's say I have my Disney Rewards card linked to my KTTW card. If I swipe the KTTW card in a place where there is a discount for using it, will I get that discount?

Actually, along these lines - Let's say I have my Disney Rewards card linked to my KTTW card. If I swipe the KTTW card in a place where there is a discount for using it, will I get that discount?

Nope, it all goes on your hotel bill. So I suppose if you have a reward for hotels it would be a nice perk!

I'm always on the fence bringing an actual CC to restaurants for the rewards because I know there are thieving problems and they are less likely to steal my KTTW card!

ETA: We carry a small amount of cash, too. Harmony Barbershop Tips (cash only), and the balloon seller (we asked if they took KTTW and they said no) were the only places we used it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter