Do I need tickets to make FastPass+ selections

Jgetterman

Mouseketeer
We have been selected to take part in the Magic Band testing for our trip in December. I have customized our bands and have 6 more days to make changes.

We usually purchase our tickets when we arrive at our resort. Do I need to purchase and link our tickets ahead of time before making my FastPass+ selection, or can I make my selections and then purchase our tickets?

Thanks in advance!

You cannot make FP+ selections without linking a valid ticket. You can customize and receive MBs with merely a resort reservation, however.

We have been selected to take part in the Magic Band testing for our trip in December. I have customized our bands and have 6 more days to make changes.

We usually purchase our tickets when we arrive at our resort. Do I need to purchase and link our tickets ahead of time before making my FastPass+ selection, or can I make my selections and then purchase our tickets?

Thanks in advance!

I was able to make FP+ reservations without a valid ticket linked to my MDE.

Yes, you need to purchase/link tickets.

A handfull of people have reported being able to select FP+ without tickets...if you can't select them (just click Fastpass+ on MDE), then you have your answer.

I was able to make FP+ reservations without a valid ticket linked to my MDE.

Was this after you received your magic bands in the mail?

Have you already taken your trip, if so, did you have any issues purchasing your tickets?

Have you already taken your trip, if so, did you have any issues purchasing your tickets?

In my case, having the bands in-hand makes no difference--still can't do FP+ without tickets.

Question: One ticket is linked to MDE. FP+ selections are made 60 days out for the one ticket. Your family purchases their tickets when they arrive at the resort. Can your FP+ selections be copied to your family's MagicBands?

Question: One ticket is linked to MDE. FP+ selections are made 60 days out for the one ticket. Your family purchases their tickets when they arrive at the resort. Can your FP+ selections be copied to your family's MagicBands?

If your family does not have ticket in MDE, you have nothing to copy to. There are only so many FP+ slots per day. Once they are gone, that's it. One person reported that her FP+ was off from the rest of her family by at least 5 minutes and that was with her only doing it days later.

Sorry to be such a downer.

Same here. Have paper vouchers but can't link and get FP+ until I exchange it for a ticket with a number on it and put it on MDE.

I have old AP vouchers that aren't linkable, so while we received our MBs, I still won't be to schedule any FP+ until we activate the APs. I would love to schedule them from the convenience of my own home, but instead, I'll be trying to do all of this during my trip (Thanksgiving week, nonetheless) *sigh*

Same here. Have paper vouchers but can't link and get FP+ until I exchange it for a ticket with a number on it and put it on MDE.

Have you called and tried to get them linked by IT? I had vouchers from the Disney Store that needed to be linked in parks (per MDE), but called, and 30 minutes later, had all 4 vouchers linked, with email confirmations!

The worst they could say is NO. Give it a shot. Same goes with old tickets...my logic is if they can figure it out at guest relations at the park, it should be a piece of cake for the smarty pants IT folks. Just call any of the 407 numbers and ask to be transferred to IT. Be patient...they are all working ovetime right now...and for the forseeable future. Good luck!

Have you called and tried to get them linked by IT? I had vouchers from the Disney Store that needed to be linked in parks (per MDE), but called, and 30 minutes later, had all 4 vouchers linked, with email confirmations!

The worst they could say is NO. Give it a shot. Same goes with old tickets...my logic is if they can figure it out at guest relations at the park, it should be a piece of cake for the smarty pants IT folks. Just call any of the 407 numbers and ask to be transferred to IT. Be patient...they are all working ovetime right now...and for the forseeable future. Good luck!

We have the Armed Forces Salute vouchers we bought on base. Can't link them until after we arrive and go over to the TTC to change them over.

No this was at the same time that I customized my MB's on the Disney site. My tickets are purchased but I have to pick them up at the ticket window on Friday when I arrive. I have no valid tickets linked to MDE right now.

If your family does not have ticket in MDE, you have nothing to copy to. There are only so many FP+ slots per day. Once they are gone, that's it. One person reported that her FP+ was off from the rest of her family by at least 5 minutes and that was with her only doing it days later. Sorry to be such a downer.

Not a downer : ))

I planned to purchase my families' tickets on arrival and ask the resort concierge to copy my FP+ selections to their MBs. I wondered about the availability of FP+ slots.

Another question: If I purchase one-day tickets for my family of 4, may I schedule FP+ selections for all 5 days of our trip? Does MDE only allow you to make FP+ selections for the number of days on your ticket? Or, is a one-day linked ticket enough?

I'll add the other 4 days when I arrive at Disney.

No this was at the same time that I customized my MB's on the Disney site. My tickets are purchased but I have to pick them up at the ticket window on Friday when I arrive. I have no valid tickets linked to MDE right now.

But you have purchased tickets and that is what is linked to your account. As long as you have purchased tickets and they are linked you can make FP+ reservations. We have AP renewal vouchers and they are linked to my account so we were able to make FP+ choices for our trip in Dec, but I won't physically have the new AP until I arrive in December.

There is a difference between having purchased tickets(even if you don't have them physically - will call) and waiting to actually purchase them when you get to WDW.

But you have purchased tickets and that is what is linked to your account. As long as you have purchased tickets and they are linked you can make FP+ reservations. We have AP renewal vouchers and they are linked to my account so we were able to make FP+ choices for our trip in Dec, but I won't physically have the new AP until I arrive in December.

There is a difference between having purchased tickets(even if you don't have them physically - will call) and waiting to actually purchase them when you get to WDW.

But how would Disney know that I even have tickets? I purchased them through Travelocity.

We have 5-day passes but will be at WDW for 7 days. I was only able to make FP+ reservations for 5 days. When I tried adding the FP+ for the 6th day it said I had to cancel my FP+ for one of the other days in order to get them for the 6th day--so a 5-day ticket allowed me to get 5 days of FP+. I'm assuming a 1-day pass will get you one day of FP+ reservations. But the system is so wonky right now, maybe you'll get lucky.

We have 5-day passes but will be at WDW for 7 days. I was only able to make FP+ reservations for 5 days. When I tried adding the FP+ for the 6th day it said I had to cancel my FP+ for one of the other days in order to get them for the 6th day--so a 5-day ticket allowed me to get 5 days of FP+. I'm assuming a 1-day pass will get you one day of FP+ reservations. But the system is so wonky right now, maybe you'll get lucky.

That's exactly what I needed to know! Thanks for the reply!!

But how would Disney know that I even have tickets? I purchased them through Travelocity.

If you have tickets purchased through a third party, you can enter your ticket information (either by typing in the code number or scanning the bar code with a smarthphone or tablet and the app) and link your tickets that way.

However, I think that it can be tricky to do that with Travelocity tickets, since Travelocity AFAIK doesn't give you the actual ticket, just a voucher.

I would try to link your Travelocity ticket and see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter