Do I need Memory Maker if I am Premium Annual Passholder?

The Chernabog

Earning My Ears
Is there any benefit to purchasing Memory Maker if I am a Premium Annual Pass holder? We will be traveling to WDW in two weeks for an 8 day trip. 3 of the 7 people in our party are Premium Annual Pass holders. Does the new unlimited PhotoPass downloads benefit for pass holders include all the same benefits as MemoryMaker? We really leveraged MemoryMaker on our trip last year before the annual pass benefit was introduced, using it for ride photos, character dining, magic moments, and PhotoPass photographers. We'd like to do the same on our upcoming trip.

Thanks for any advice!

If the passholders in your group have the Premium pass that existed before October 4 of last year, they don't have the Photopass download benefit anyhow. If they have the new equivalent, the Platinum Plus pass, they do. (It's also included in the new Platinum and Gold passes as well, not just the Plus.) The download benefit wasn't added to old passes by default.

To answer your actual question, the Photopass download benefit is basically the same as Memory Maker but it covers a longer timeframe (the whole period the pass is valid).

This is another reason why we will now consider the AP. The DW gets the Memory Maker/Photo Pass every time. Even though we save money by getting it "Earlier", it's just another added savings. Since it's about $150 in advance. If we go twice, that's $300.00 of savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter