• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I need an ADR for RTC at DTD in mid-late may...

RFC was closed in DTD when I was there 2 weeks ago. I think all they have now is the AK location.

Oops yes. RFC

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Gotcha!
Mid May - you might be ok.
End of May - like Memorial Day Weekend? - you are better off with an ADR.
Don't bother with the WDW website - call them direct and you will more than likely have your choice of times:

(407) 827-8500

I believe they were just closed for a refurbishment of the volcano. Not sure when it will reopen.

We were just there on 12/12. It was open, while part of the outside was being worked on. We had reservations though, so I'm not sure about not having one. I do know that It was not best experience, because my two year old was pretty scared of the animals! He loves animals, but this was a little to real for him! Otherwise, it was cool. :)

Thank you. I think we will try it without an ADR. We will put our name in as soon as we get to DTD and will do our shopping while we wait to eat. We are just in a habit if eating and then shopping so doing that while we wait seems like a good option.

Thank you. I think we will try it without an ADR. We will put our name in as soon as we get to DTD and will do our shopping while we wait to eat. We are just in a habit if eating and then shopping so doing that while we wait seems like a good option.

RFC can get very busy! In January, we had a reservation but people were having to wait 45 minutes+ for a table if they were walk ups. It's better to make a reservation if possible or put your name in when you arrive and then come back. We have found they are also great with trying to fit you in if you're late to a reservation. (not that I'm recommending you're late! :lmao: ) But we made a reservation for our arrival night. We made it for 6 hours after we should have touched down at MCO and we ended up touching down 5 hours late! We still headed for DTD and thought we'd ask but they fit us in. We would have been fine if they couldn't get us a table. It was fairly busy but we got a table after waiting ten minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter