Do I need a verandah for a Panama cruise?

slg

DIS Veteran
I have a navigators verandah for our upcoming Panama cruise as that was the only option when we booked. Now I see an ocean view has popped up. It’s quite a bit cheaper and I wonder if the savings is worth it? With a 14 day cruise and with COVID still around, I liked the idea of having a verandah y to sit on for sea days, but I also like saving money. Thoughts?

I have a navigators verandah for our upcoming Panama cruise as that was the only option when we booked. Now I see an ocean view has popped up. It’s quite a bit cheaper and I wonder if the savings is worth it? With a 14 day cruise and with COVID still around, I liked the idea of having a verandah y to sit on for sea days, but I also like saving money. Thoughts?
Our first DCL cruise was Panama Canal (obviously pre-COVID). We had an oceanview room on deck 2. Since most of the time, while in the canal, we were up on deck so that we could cross back and forth for views from both sides, I think the oceanview was fine.

For sea days, we were still out of the room most of the day.

We haven't sailed the Panama Canal, yet...but it's on my bucket list. That being said, I'm all about saving a bit to use for another cruise, so I'd opt for the oceanview. I have a feeling I'd be the same as PricnessShmoo!

It really depends how much time you plan to spend in your room. For me I love being up on the other decks so I'm rarely in my room so saving the money would be what I'd go for unless it was like an alaskan cruise or something

We sailed PC in an ocean view on deck 2 our first time, and were booked for inside on our second one. We upgraded at the port to ocean view on deck 2. This was the 2020 WBPC cruise, and we were afraid of four of us being quarantined in an inside room. 🤣 The PC is best enjoyed outside on one of the decks. We are cruising again on the Magic PC in an ocean view in October. 😃 Enjoy your cruise!

We did an oceanciew on our PC cruise in 2020 that turned into 12 days of sea days - didn’t miss the veranda at all. It can be so hot and humid that sitting outside didn’t sound appealing.

We had an inside view on our PC cruise and it was fine. You want to be up on deck for the Panama Canal viewing anyway. Even though it was the March 2020 that had 10 days at sea I didn't find that we really spent much time in the room anyway.

We had a verandah but during the canal crossing we spent most of the time going back and forth from one side of the ship to the other. We also spent a lot of time inside at the front of the ship, with an ice-cold drink because the heat and humidity were so oppressive.

For me, it would depend on how much money you are saving and how often you use you verandah. PC verandahs can be $$$ so if your savings are significant I would switch.

each person is different, but for us, I can say a veranda only makes sense of the price is right it’s not a must have for us. So for many people it is. I’m not a fan of inside. I prefer to have some type of natural light, so we usually look for ocean views. I’ve never done the panama, but we’ve done Norway, and to be honest the best views for me were found outside on the upper decks up front so we wouldn’t have been in our room anyways. I do know many people comment here that they need to have a veranda because they are just the type of people that like to have their morning coffee out there or evening drinks and just sit there for hours and enjoy the world go by. sounds nice and lovely but I’m not the type of person that could sit that long. I would get antsy and will probably move about the ship anyway so for us it doesn’t make sense. I’m getting a feeling your question specifically on what one sees and there I would say you’re gonna have better views while up on top of the deck. And to be honest, I also like the interaction with fellow cruisers, while looking at things. Some people like the privacy of a verandah, I enjoy being with fellow passengers, and out and about on the ship.

Just thought of one benefit of a veranda is for Caribbean Sailikgs . It’s a great place to put your wer swimwear and clothes - they dry so much faster.

I personally love the Navigator’s Veranda. It is still a veranda. When we did the Panama Canal, we had a porthole room. My parents had a regular veranda room. Of course we hung out with them most of the day, but I brought my son back to our room for a nap, and watched out our porthole. It was great. So, I think the Navigator’s Veranda should be fine.

It was nice to have for sure, largely because people are on deck by 4-5am staking their spot at the front of the ship. Some people, I saw later in the day still there, now red as lobsters! But I wouldn’t say necessary to have a verandah.

Reactions: slg
We did it without a verandah.
The view from our deck 2 room was cool because we were actually IN the canal, yo could see the walls and stuff, but most of the day we spent on deck strolling around for all the different views.
Personally, I'd save $$.

I think you have the perfect room. Love those rooms hope to have one eventually.

Reactions: slg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter