Do I have to worry about losing my Sav. view?

hope3702

Mouseketeer
I'm staying in a Sav. view studio end of March? I am reading about one of the Savannah's being closed due to construction...Thanks!

Possibly. Here's a the information that's posted on the member website:

As the development of Kidani Village continues at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, crews are preparing to complete the new savanna and acclimate the animals to their new habitat.

To accommodate this important process, animals are not scheduled to be on Sunset Savanna from January 15, 2009, through April 15, 2009. As a reminder, Members and Guests who reserve a savanna-view room during this time will be advised of this process, and confirmations for those bookings include a notation to that affect.

Approximately 30 days prior to arrival, the resort will determine, based on occupancy and booking date order, which Members will be assigned to a Sunset Savanna view room. Affected Members will be notified, and after their stay, will receive a Vacation Point credit reflecting the difference between a savanna view and standard view (no additional compensation will be given).

If this process is not acceptable to you, please consider alternate stay dates or resorts. Also remember that animals on the other savannas can be viewed from multiple public locations at the resort.

I'm staying in a Sav. view studio end of March? I am reading about one of the Savannah's being closed due to construction...Thanks!

There was a thread a last week about someone who was notified that they would not be staying in a Savannah view room because of the construction and the animal acclimation. There was also a post a few months ago that someone was told by the animals people at AKL that it might not take the four months to get the animals back to the savannah so anything is possible but be prepared you might. They will refund the difference in points between savannah view and standard view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter