Do I have to wear shoes at Disney?

Sure you can walk around barefooted, as long as your not pool-hopping and reusing refillable mugs from your last trip you should be fine :thumbsup2

I know the OP is a troll, but I just wanted to throw in my legitimate $.02

I have actually spent SEVERAL days barefoot in Disney and no CMs said anything to me. I put shoes on if I was in a building, and while on rides, but otherwise walking around outside, the shoes were in my bag.

I know the OP is a troll, but I just wanted to throw in my legitimate $.02

I have actually spent SEVERAL days barefoot in Disney and no CMs said anything to me. I put shoes on if I was in a building, and while on rides, but otherwise walking around outside, the shoes were in my bag.

Well, there ya go. Legitimate question; legitimate answer.

Who'd a thunk it? :upsidedow

Even though this is meant to be funny, I've got a friend who hates wearing shoes who I'm taking down with us in November. She actually asked me this same thing a couple of days ago and I seriously didn't know how to answer her. I finally told her to bring a pair of flip flops with her just in case because I knew we'd occasionally be going in restaurants.

Some people really are anti-shoes! Also, we call my grandmother MawMaw. ;)

For a serious answer - we were trained that by Florida Law you need to wear shoes whilst inside attractions. Wearing shoes outside is ok, but inside you gotta put 'em on. For example, Innoventions in EPCOT. The building is deemed an Attraction, thus you need to wear shoes THE WHOLE TIME you're in the building.

Although I'm not sure I'd want to go around with bare feet anywhere in Disney.. I've been run over by one too many strollers in the past..!

Thanks for all of the great insight everyone! After reading all of these suggestions, I believe we will be able to manage this trip after all. The missus and the youngins will be tickled pink! :dance3:

Drinking shoes? :rotfl: Probably not the best idea since alcohol makes my feet swell even larger than normal. I'd look like I was walking around with a couple of watermelons at the bottoms of my legs. :guilty:

On a side note, I am also from NC; been here the better part of 30 years. I don't recollect having any other friends who also called their grandmother grandmammy, but it was such a normal name to me that I don't think I would have noticed it if any of them did. :confused3

OMG, barefoot in a place like WDW. Does anyone have any idea what amounts of chemicals, protein spills, diaper spillage, bird and other animal debris have managed to find its way to the walkways of WDW? It would amount to about the same as diving into a cesspool in my mind.

And can anyone imagine how hot that pavement is by mid afternoon? It's not the original post I am commenting on it is the somewhat supportive nature of some of the replies that has me gasping. :confused3

I personally want to see our buzzed, barefoot, tar heal in the parks in August. I would love to watch the hot pavement dance from a drunk, barefoot, tar heal. :cool1: :lmao:

Later,
Dan

OMG, barefoot in a place like WDW. Does anyone have any idea what amounts of chemicals, protein spills, diaper spillage, bird and other animal debris have managed to find its way to the walkways of WDW? It would amount to about the same as diving into a cesspool in my mind.

And can anyone imagine how hot that pavement is by mid afternoon? It's not the original post I am commenting on it is the somewhat supportive nature of some of the replies that has me gasping. :confused3

Seriously!! super duper eeeeeWWWWWWW! :sick:

Here is the standard Southerners disclaimer - from a small town Alabama gal.

1. Southerners wear shoes almost at all times.
2. 99% of all households have indoor plumbing. Most houses have 2 or 3 bathrooms.
3. Fifty percent of Alabamians have attended college which is on par with most other states. Many also have graduate degrees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter