• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I have to know park/day when I book? Also, what parks are worth 2 days?

onajourney

Mouseketeer
I am going to call and book our pkg today since I know the room we want. We haven't researched enough to know what park to go to on what day. Do I need to know that?

Also, we will be there for 6 days, planning on taking one day off from the parks to just be at the resort and chill out. So doing MK, AK, Epcot, MGM, and a day off will leave us with one more day for a park. Is there one that is most worthy of a 2nd day?

Kids will be 11, 9 and 5.

No, you don't need to know which park you go to in advance. The tickets are good for any park, any day.

Either Magic Kingdom or Epcot are the best bets for a 2nd day in general, as there's the most to do there and both parks are hard to "complete" in a single day. Really depends on what you and the kids are into, though.

I think all the parks are worth 2 days. Animal Kingdom is the one I could probably only spend one day in but I like Expedition Everest a lot so I try to ride that one a few times before I have to go home.

You don't need to know at the time of booking.

As your trip gets closer, check the park hours for each park and also which park has morning or evening Extra Magic Hours.

If you aren't buying Hoppers passes...
and want to attend the EMH, you need to go to that park on that day.
If you want to make reservations for any Table Service restaurants, make a reservation IN or NEAR the park you will be visiting each day.

If you are purchasing Hoppers...
Depending on crowds, you might want to avoid the park with the EMH, only going during the EMH but spending most of the day at a different park.
You'll also have more freedom for dining reservations.

My children always want 2 days at MK. You could do all 4 parks, then let your children decide which one they want to visit again. Although, this might be a problem if the all have different favorites.

That's what I would do- go to all the parks, and then let the kids choose the park for the last day. Could be a tough decision though!;)

Magic kingdom with kids is DEFINATELY worth a second day. Epcot is too. There's a lot to do there for every age. I would say that Animal kingdom AND Dis Studios both deserve about 1 1/2 days each-so maybe instead of spending one entire day relaxing at the resort, think about doing just a few morning hours at Animal Kingdom and half a day at Disn. Studios- do your families favorites over again in a few short hours. then, head back to the resort and check it out for the rest of the day.
We like to spend 2-3 half days at the resort(s)...checking things out...and we've stay at Animal kingdom lodge the last few trips which have tons of things to do every day of the week for the entire family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter