Do I have to have a valid AP to use my DDE card?

lornak

DIS Veteran
I currently have an AP that will expire on Sept 23rd. I want to buy the DDE for a Sept 15-23 trip... I don't think I am going to renew my AP. Can I use the DDE for future trips even if I don't have an AP?????

I'm pretty sure an AP (or voucher) is only needed to initially purchase the DDE card. After that, you will not be asked about an AP until it is time to renew the DDE.

HTH, Steve

we had to only show our photo id a few times and never had to get our AP pass out to prove it.......

You need the active AP (or the AP voucher) to buy the DDE card. The DDE card carries it's own expiration, unconnected to the expiration of your AP. The only ID you'll need (tho no one has ever asked for ours) is your drivers liscense.

Last week I was with some friends at Bistro and the bill came to around $500 (including some vintage wine). When I showed my DDE Card I was also asked for a photo ID.

Last week I was with some friends at Bistro and the bill came to around $500 (including some vintage wine). When I showed my DDE Card I was also asked for a photo ID.

Must be a price point when they start checking ID because, the same thing happened to me at Bistro. I footed a $650 dinner bill for a friend's 40th birthday and was asked to see ID. Other than that one time, I've never been asked to prove my identity or show AP. As many have said, you can definitely use your DDE card after your AP has expired, but you can't get a DDE card without an active AP.

Must be a price point when they start checking ID because, the same thing happened to me at Bistro. I footed a $650 dinner bill for a friend's 40th birthday and was asked to see ID. Other than that one time, I've never been asked to prove my identity or show AP. As many have said, you can definitely use your DDE card after your AP has expired, but you can't get a DDE card without an active AP.

Actually you can get it with a voucher and it is wait for you to pick up at Epcot. They take down the voucher number, so maybe a voucher number can only be used once.

It use to be rare when I had to show an ID with the DDE. Now it is more common, although not nearly every time. Having to show a picture ID is just not rare like it use to be.
Yes, your AP can expire once you have a DDE card, and you can still use your DDE.

Florida residents without an AP can have a DDE card.

I've never been asked to show my AP while using the DDE, and I was only asked to show ID once. It was actually weird though that when the CM wanted to see my ID it was at Pop, and I only saved like twenty-five cents. So it can't have to do with the amount of the check, because I only spent $1 or something, and had to show ID, but when I ate at California Grill, and spent quite a bit, not only did my server not ask for ID, she didn't even ask to see my DDE card, I just told her I had it, and she took it off.

no you do not need a valid one. I used it in may without my ap. and my mom actually took my card with her and used it. They never asked her for identification

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter