Do I get cheaper deal......

Popsiemama

Earning My Ears
I live in Connecticut and thinking of taking my grands to a disney cruise at the Miami port.

My question: do you think it's better deal to get a plane ticket + disney cruise through reputable travel agency instead of me buying my own plane ticket and disney cruise to disney site?

I live in Connecticut and thinking of taking my grands to a disney cruise at the Miami port.

My question: do you think it's better deal to get a plane ticket + disney cruise through reputable travel agency instead of me buying my own plane ticket and disney cruise to disney site?

Generally, it's cheaper to purchase airfare individually, although not always.

We've never used a TA for our Disney cruises. One cruise, we purchased our own airfare. Another one we purchased our airfare through Disney.

:cutie:

We usually get our own airline tickets. For us it has been cheaper.

As to the price of the cruise, it is the same price whether you book it yourself with DCL or a TA books it. The advantage of using a TA is that if a deal comes out, the TA will see if the deal will apply to your existing reservation.

Disney Airfare is almost always going to be more expensive plus you have basically no choice in the times of the flights, to get a flight a day early is also an extra fee. But the plus side is that they will try everything to get you to the cruise ship, even if your flight is delayed and you miss the embarkation they will get you to the next port to catch the ship. Often we use an aggregator like kayak.com and even our travel agent recommends booking air separately.

TAs often add onboard credit also, which can be a significant savings.

The cruise fare will be the same whether you book direct with Disney online or phone, or use a TA. Some TAs may offer an onboard credit (OBC) or other incentive to get your business, but DCL doesn't allow TAs to discount fares.

Airfare is almost always cheaper on your own or through a regular TA. The airfare DCL quotes is usually exhorbitantly high, plus you get no say in the times and they will fly you in day-of-departure, whereas most of us try to arrive a day or 2 earlier as a buffer in case of flight delays or cancellations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter