• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

do I change the plan because of rain? ...tough choices!

andijean

professional DIS lurker
We leave Friday and I have Sunday planned for our waterpark day and the forecast is saying cool and rainy. In the old days I would just switch days and change my ADR. But, now if I switch park days and make this a EP or MK day I cannot get replacement ADR's or FP+ for the rides we want. I am totally panicking because the waterpark was at the top of my boys' list of things to do....along with 7DMT and Le Cellier reservation. One of these items will need to be sacrificed...BUMMER! The question is which. I just needed to vent my frustration b/c with the old FP system I would just switch parks b/c I would get them that day...and not have an ADR(no biggie or be able to get ADR last minute). It is annoying that plans need to be made so far in advance b/c who can predict where you want to be that far ahead of time. I am so bummed! Any thoughts or opinions?

We leave Wednesday, and I've literally seen that forecast change EVERY day since I've been checking it last week. I wouldn't change anything just yet, until maybe around Thursdays forecast.

I sympathize.

This is the main thing I miss about the old FP...waking up every day and having a clean slate. Being able to easily move things around in your plan based on weather, illness, even just feeling like doing something different (crazy thought!).

Good luck. I hope the weather works out and you don't have to re-plan anything. The waterparks are always my kids' must-do as well.

We leave Wednesday, and I've literally seen that forecast change EVERY day since I've been checking it last week. I wouldn't change anything just yet, until maybe around Thursdays forecast.

We leave Thursday and I totally agree on how much it's changed on a daily basis. It's now looking to be too cool for us to make the wp at all and will need to pack more pants :(

Thanks for reassuring me, everyone! This was the first time I looked at the forecast and was shocked to see the rain and chilly weather. We are northerners, so we have a wide range of temperature that we would do waterparks, but 67 and rainy is a bit outside our comfort zone. I will wait and hope to see a forecast change in the right direction for me.

But, if it doesn't...has anyone had luck changing their plans and getting FP+ for headliners that they had to change to a different day. I am just feeling rather annoyed that my time planning may be for nothing.

We used to want bad weather forecast because they are almost always wrong this far out. A bad forecast increased our chances of good weather...;)
Are you and the family hearty outside? The water is heated and if it's not too cold outside, we would gladly do a water-park in the rain. If it's not stormy, the water-park is still open but no lines. So even if the weather isn't ideal maybe you can tough it out for as much as you want to do at the water-park anyway? Maybe a midday trip back to resort for a hot bath and dry off...then back to the park late afternoon to re-do favorites? Just some ideas to consider so your plans might be workable. pixiedust:

I hear you on the water park dilemma. We were looking to go Saturday (which looks much better than Sunday which is what I think you are looking at) and I have seen the temperature go from 81 to 75 to 70 to 74. We will wait and see…I don't want to change either. We have everything in place!

I'm trying really hard not to look at the weekend forecast too much! We'll be there Sat-Tues and I was really hoping for a dry trip. We had several rain events on my birthday trip in January.

Being a Floridian, I know that the forecast is always tenuous more than a day or two out, but really hoping that rain disappears!

I couldn't help checking the forecast last night -- right now, there's no significant chance of rain this weekend. Let's all hope it stays that way! :cool1:

Just wanted to send some pixie dust your way... To fellow northerners!!!!! Hoping that you get a whole lot of sunshine. I hear you.... The Waterpark for my 3 boys are just as important as the parks! I'm sure you will have a fantabulous time no matter what! :)

I would switch days if it turns out it is rainy.

Even without a FP, you can ride rides.
But a water park on a chilly rainy day could be disappointing and a waste of money.

I couldn't help checking the forecast last night -- right now, there's no significant chance of rain this weekend. Let's all hope it stays that way! :cool1:

Weather forecast has already started to get better this morning! Smaller chance of rain, and increased temperatures.

This is why I don't get too excited about any forecast that is more than a few days out.

Just throwing this out there.... Could you purchase wet suits for the boys? Like the ones the surfers use to keep them warm in cooler water? Fingers crossed for a better weather. We will be at WDW on Sunday too! Good luck!

We fly down tonight and this up & down forecast is driving me nuts! Highs from mid 60s to mid 80s (and lows into the 40s), that's quite a swing. I keep packing more clothes "just in case" it ends up hotter or colder. At least the rain seems to be leaving the forecast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter