Do hire cars have Navagation in them??

Caltha

Mouseketeer
Hi there,
I am from Australia and we are hiring a car while in Orlando. Can we get a Navagation system in one or do you not have them over there in hire cars. Does any one know the answer to this?? It would make things so much easier for us if we could get one.

Yes you can get that in your rental car. You would pay extra for it. When you make the reservation you would need to sign up for it.

Driving to the resorts from the airport is not bad even without the navigation system.

safetymom said:
Yes you can get that in your rental car. You would pay extra for it. When you make the reservation you would need to sign up for it.

Driving to the resorts from the airport is not bad even without the navigation system.

Thank-you for that.
I thought you would be able to, but my TA here in Australia told me they don't have them in the states. I did not beleive him, But I couldn't argue because I did not know for sure, so I will be ringing him again in the morning.

I know for a fact that Hertz has the navigation called Hertz Never Lost that can be added on to any class rental car for an extra fee. (Portable Unit)

Check with the other rental agencies to see if they have something similar, or if you have to reserve a specific class of car to have the navigation system.

As others have said, most of the rental car companies will rent you one for a fee.

But getting to the tourist areas around Orlando is pretty darn easy. Figuring out the directions on the Navigation system will be more complicated than just following a paper map.

Thanks everyone,
We don't pick up the hire car until the day we finish at WDW, we are then off to Kennedy Space Station and then the next day to Miami for a few days and flying out from there. I Thought it would help us out with getting around. Am I wrong??

My colleagues and I often end up with Hertz Neverlost due to upgrades; we are in different cities every month. I would say that our buddy Consuela, as we call her, works ok about 60% of the time. Other times we just drive around hoping that she will lead us to where we want to go. Yet other times we know the area better than she does, and she shouts at us to turn around and head the other way.

I can recall driving around Minneapolis aimlessly trying to find downtown, while our 'guide' took us through all kinds of residential neighbourhoods, and driving around rural Alabama waiting for her to pick up a chinese restaurant on the satellite.

as others have said, the roads are WDW are easy to navigate, but you might find peace of mind for the Miami portion by renting a car with such a system - just remember that they are not 100% foolproof.

I have my own. I go down the road and when I need help I just say "wife wife when do I turn. or wife wife how far to destination."

Caltha said:
Thanks everyone,
We don't pick up the hire car until the day we finish at WDW, we are then off to Kennedy Space Station and then the next day to Miami for a few days and flying out from there. I Thought it would help us out with getting around. Am I wrong??
I am one that can get lost in a teacup. However, the roads around here are incredibly well marked. You should not have any problem finding the Kennedy Space Station or Miami or MIA.
In fact, you can probably Mapquest the journeys and save some money.

I was just looking at the National website (www.nationalcar.com) and GPS is available on most (if not all) models for $10 a day. I assume other agencies are similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter