Do "full" hotels open up rooms closer to the date?

sjerrott

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I screwed up and didn't look into getting a hotel onsite for our one day at Universal (April 6th) until now. At this point there is no room available with two beds (for two adults and two kids) aside from a 1000 dollar room. I don't care about the hotel at all, just wanted the express pass and can't afford to pay for four for April 6th as they are so costly. I'm wondering if I should just book another hotel close by and assume we won't have express passes (not sure how awful that will be) or if I should be looking every day to see if someone cancelled. Anyone have any experience with getting a last minute room at one of the big three universal hotels?

They could free up some but if so they go fast.

The express pass is 269 each day (including ticket) so for one day (four people) it comes to over 1000 dollars. The EP seems to add 120 dollars of cost to each ticket at that time which seems pretty steep.

Yes they do! Check all the third party sites as well, and I recommend checking at odd times. I found a 2 queen standard room at Portofino Bay for April 4-6 on Orbitz site at 8:30 a.m. EST yesterday. I had been searching for several days. If you're a AAA member, check their site as well because they sometimes have availability when all other sites are booked. People's plans change all the time. For example, I will now be cancelling my RPR reservation for April 4-6 since I was able to get PFB.

to cancel and get a full refund on the deposit, peeps have to cancel 5 days out from first night stay.

call and check 6 days out for any cancelation.
AAA holds blocks of rooms as the third party booking sites.
they too will release their blocks of rooms if they don't sell a couple of weeks out in some cases 10 days out.

so, there still is a chance for you to be able to get a room onsite.

do a plan B for an offsite hotel in case you don't get lucky with onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter