Do Expired Fastpasses count?

Em&Bec'sDad

She Dragged me here, but I stayed
I was thinking about a strategy at EPCOT where I book a couple of Tier 2 passes and let them expire. For instance:
- Living with the Land at 9am
- Seas with Nemo and Friends at 10am
- Frozen Ever After at 1pm.

Now, if I let the 1st two FP expire, will I be able to book another Tier 1 Fastpass after Frozen Ever After?

Yes it should let you, but why wouldn't you just book Frozenby itself? I cant think of one strategy in which letting FP's expire would benefit you

I was thinking about a strategy at EPCOT where I book a couple of Tier 2 passes and let them expire. For instance:
- Living with the Land at 9am
- Seas with Nemo and Friends at 10am
- Frozen Ever After at 1pm.

Now, if I let the 1st two FP expire, will I be able to book another Tier 1 Fastpass after Frozen Ever After?
In my experience, no. If we don't use the FPs, it doesn't mean we can book more when the window is up. That said, perhaps we've been doing something "wrong" and missing out... curious to hear what others say.

Yes it should let you, but why wouldn't you just book Frozenby itself? I cant think of one strategy in which letting FP's expire would benefit you
Here is the situation.
- DW and I are taking a tour at EPCOT in the morning
- We have not been on FEA hence why I have the Fast Pass early in the afternoon (after the tour lets out).
- If I book 2 Tier 2 fastpasses in the morning, but don't use them, AND expired FPs count as being used, THEN I should be able to book a day-of-fastpass for a Tier 1 attraction after the FEA one is used.

If the goal was to hope for another Tier 1 at Epcot you'd have to consume the 2 Tier twos. I've seen Test Track become available day of but Illuminations would be a near certainty (even though plenty of nice views without the FP)

Here is the situation.
- DW and I are taking a tour at EPCOT in the morning
- We have not been on FEA hence why I have the Fast Pass early in the afternoon (after the tour lets out).
- If I book 2 Tier 2 fastpasses in the morning, but don't use them, AND expired FPs count as being used, THEN I should be able to book a day-of-fastpass for a Tier 1 attraction after the FEA one is used.

Makes sense. In theory that should work after you scan at Frozen

In my experience, no. If we don't use the FPs, it doesn't mean we can book more when the window is up. That said, perhaps we've been doing something "wrong" and missing out... curious to hear what others say.
You've been missing out.

Depending on time of year, Tier 1's will be gone by 1 or 2.

While a good rule of thumb a few years back, this doesn't really apply with the advent of FP+. It's certainly possible to get additional Tier 1s, but it's more a function of party size and how patient one is with constant FP stalking than it is time of day.

We pulled a mid-afternoon Soarin around 1:00 on my last trip. One thing that helped us - you can pull your next one as soon as you "tap" your last one. We got that one while in line at Spaceship Earth after "tapping".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter