Do DISers still wear lime green mickey heads?

phillymummer

DIS Veteran
Hello DISers!

I remember reading a while back that DISers used to wear lime green mickey heads in the park as a way to "identify" themselves as a DIS poster. I think I remember seeing one or two mickey heads pinned to backpacks on my last trip in 2012. I know that the mickey paint sample cards are no longer available, but do people still wear them? I picked up a lime green paint card and figured I could cut out a mickey head.

Thanks!
~PM

I'd like to see more do it if no one does it anymore. I am at the parks all the time and would like to see them to identify with the DIS. Would be cool to put a face to the screen name.

I was at WDW twice last month and didn't see any. But I did see lime green homemade Disney shirts from time to time, and assumed they were likely Dissers! I've gotten all my Disney vacation shirt ideas for my family from the Disboards over the years!pixiedust:

Do many posters know about this "tradition"? I only know about it bc I happened to catch a thread about it a few years ago. I haven't seen it mentioned since then. I remembered it when I saw the paint chips at home depot today. I will still cut out the mickey head and wear it on my next trip. It can't hurt, right?

I think it's pretty rare to see them in parks anymore. I still have a laminated Mickey head on my carry-on laptop case, and have been recognized as a DISer a few times while waiting in the Magical Express line.

EDIT: Have to add, we also have a huge LGMH sign with 'BROCKTOON' on it that we put on our RV when staying at Ft Wilderness

It's been hard to keep it up because they stopped making the LGMH paint chips. I have hoarded the ones I have and often attached them to my bag. Now I hang them in my window at the resort.

I never had dozens but I had maybe 10 that I had collected in small amounts over time. People kept going and wiping out the displays and they just quit making them.

I wish The Dis would sell lime green Disser buttons, so we could wear them and notice each other in the parks. They could be small or large, like celebration buttons. I would prefer a small one; those large buttons get cumbersome.

I printed out a sheet with some lime green Mickey heads with The Dis typed in the middle. I tape it in the corner of our value resort room window. I also keep a dry erase board on the door. During my trip in March, some other Dissers wrote on my dry erase board leaving their screen names. It was really nice! It was like hearing from long lost friends.

There needs to be a way where we can all recognize each other when we are at WDW or DLR.

I've been down here for the past 11 days and haven't seen a single one.

Also less popular than I expected was "Disney Bounding", or dressing in a color scheme to imply a particular character.

I had a LGMH made out of foam, with my name in sharpie on my bags in 12 and 13, never saw another or had anyone recognize, I'd definitely buy one if they made them!!!! Come on DIS! Let's get this going again I'd get a kick out of meeting up with other nuts like me :)

I've been down here for the past 11 days and haven't seen a single one.

Also less popular than I expected was "Disney Bounding", or dressing in a color scheme to imply a particular character.

I haven't seen many of either on my trips to WDW this spring, either.

But I saw much more bounding on two trips with groups to DL in CA, -- some really cute outfits! And it was great to talk to the wearers, who love it when people notice what they are doing.

My first day in the parks will be Sunday and I have my LGMH all ready to go. I'll be wearing it on my lanyard around my neck.

I have mine all ready to go. It is a card board one, which I made and printed. I will have it tied to my backpack when Im in Disneyland on June 29 and June 30 :)

I wish The Dis would sell lime green Disser buttons, so we could wear them and notice each other in the parks. They could be small or large, like celebration buttons. I would prefer a small one; those large buttons get cumbersome.

I AGREE! I would buy one! Who can we give this idea to?

I'm glad I started this thread. Maybe we can resurrect this idea! It doesn't have to be the the paint chip. There are so many other ways to create a lime green mickey head. I plan on wearing my LGMH on the bookbag during my trip in Nov.

Ohh I'm in!!. Love this idea!..meeting others as passionate as I am at our favorite place would be so nice!..

I'm making one for our July trip, I found lime green glittery foamish material in the felt section of hobby lobby. I'll add my screen name in black paint or sharpie. I hope it helps my fellow July group travelers find me :-):-)

Be careful what you wish for.

In the Lime mickey period I saw a large, very tacky bed sheet with giant lime green Mickey head hanging from a balcony of the Swan. It was hanging off the Epcot-facing side of the Swan. Nobody could take any pictures of half the hotel without that ugly sheet in the way. It was VERY ugly.

A short time later, we stayed at Pop. Again someone had very tacky display: the entire exterior of their hotel room decorated in a mishmash of poorly made poster board signs, mismatched Mickeys, lime green heads, assorted colored lights, stuffed animals. The door was completely cluttered!

I appreciate a simple strand of holiday lights, or a few stuffed animals, but I decided I didn't want to exclaim kinship with the above style of display.

Folks regularly boasted about hoarding pilfered paint chips back then. I'm glad it is over.

Mind, if you wish to make your own green head and put one on your bag that's fine, but pilfered paint chips and tacky displays just make us all look bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter