• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do "cooling towels" work in humidity.

Another one here that loves the Fogg Togg chill pads. I use mine all summer long in humid MO when I'm out in the garden. Took it to Silver dollar city this week (feels like heat index of >100 degrees) and the towel always felt cool to me. My DH doesn't like them though and never used one on Disney trips. Seems to be a rather individual thing:)

Do you mind sharing the brand of the umbrella and where you bought it? Thanks
Mine states on it's label that the brand/logo is "uv-blocker" but rather than order from their site first, I would have looked for a good price on-line. I likely wanted free prime shipping, but it's been a couple years so I'm not certain...

I use a frogg togg and love it!! My kids use the misting fans and like them but sometimes they don't want to carry them or they get on the way on rides. We do have them use a lanyards but they are kids. Highly recommend the frogg togg though

I would agree that its an individual thing. I bought Frog Toggs for our entire group before our July trip last year. Even before we left we bought two of the Target brand because I could tell I didn't like the clammy fabric feel of the Frogg Togg. Some on our trip used them every day, others never. In my opinion, they just made me hotter. I did not like the feel of a hot, wet, clammy towel around my neck.

I use to use Frog Toggs but find it's not worth the hassle of lugging it around all day. While it cools ya down at first, it doesn't last hours. You may as well use a paper towel with water for that. I am going with my granddaughter in 2 weeks and will have the stroller. I will take it for her, and store under the stroller

I bought a cooling towel from Walmart for about $5 before our recent Disneyland trip. It was actually a little humid at Disneyland and VERY hot. I was going to try the towel but it felt big and bulky and I didn't know if I wanted to lug it all over the park all day so I left it in the hotel. What I ended up buying was a mister fan ($19 in the park!!!!) and using it all day. It worked great for me and everyone else near me, but I did have to carry it all day. I don't sweat at all but get very hot and it helped.

We are going to WDW next week and I am packing the mister fan for sure. What also helped as a PP said was not carrying a lot of things. As a woman I don't always have pockets so I bought a small cross-body bag for my phone, park tickets, credit card, room key (this was DL), etc. I also bought a hook thing to attach a bottle of water to so I didn't have to actually carry my water. Drinking lots of cold water and even refilling at water fountains worked well, as did eating ice cream and going inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter