• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do children 12+ not have to be registered for Edge & Vibe?

horselover

Why yes I would love a glass of wine!
Just booked the 8/19 Dream sailing yesterday. I've done online check-in but under child registration the only thing I see is children 3 & under & 3-10 can be pre-registered. I have a 12 & 14 y.o. Do they not have to register at all or is my only option register at the port? Thanks.

Just booked the 8/19 Dream sailing yesterday. I've done online check-in but under child registration the only thing I see is children 3 & under & 3-10 can be pre-registered. I have a 12 & 14 y.o. Do they not have to register at all or is my only option register at the port? Thanks.

The first time they visit Edge & Vibe is when they will be "registered" at the club.

:cutie:

The first time they visit Edge & Vibe is when they will be "registered" at the club.

:cutie:

Ok thanks. I was hoping to get everything done ahead of time but since it doesn't seem to give me any option to do that online I guess in person is the procedure.

Ok thanks. I was hoping to get everything done ahead of time but since it doesn't seem to give me any option to do that online I guess in person is the procedure.

The procedure really only consist of the club cast member checking their list to see if your kiddos are on it, that's about it. Just make sure they go to the meet and greet the first night so that if there is anything special that they want to do, they can bring it up then!

I have 4 boys....
I did preregister the 5 year old.
I guess I don't have to do anything for the 13 ands 14 year olds....
but...what about the 11 year old? There was no option for him? Do I just do it onboard?

Also, we are a little confused about where my boys can go....

Obviously the 5 year old will be in the Oceaneer's Club/Lab and the 13 will be in the Edge.

Does the 11 year old have a choice of the lab or the Edge?
Does the 14 year old have the choice of the Edge or the Vibe?

I keep seeing conflicting age guidelines - and some that show an overlap...

I actually think the 11 year may choose an activity or two in the lab once in a while...and I think the 14 year old would prefer to go to the Edge with one or two of his brothers instead of the Vibe by himself...

Thoughts?

\
Does the 11 year old have a choice of the lab or the Edge?yes
Does the 14 year old have the choice of the Edge or the Vibe?yes

It used to be that the kids needed to pick one group and stay with it, but I have been hearing how some kids were able to go back and forth. Not sure if these were just special occurances for certain children, or if DCL changed the policy.

I have been telling my 12yo that he needs to think carefully what he wants to do, because I am not sure they will let him switch if he sees a fun activity in say the lab, if he is in the Edge.

I have 4 boys....
I did preregister the 5 year old.
I guess I don't have to do anything for the 13 ands 14 year olds....
but...what about the 11 year old? There was no option for him? Do I just do it onboard?

Also, we are a little confused about where my boys can go....

Obviously the 5 year old will be in the Oceaneer's Club/Lab and the 13 will be in the Edge.

Does the 11 year old have a choice of the lab or the Edge?
Does the 14 year old have the choice of the Edge or the Vibe?

I keep seeing conflicting age guidelines - and some that show an overlap...

I actually think the 11 year may choose an activity or two in the lab once in a while...and I think the 14 year old would prefer to go to the Edge with one or two of his brothers instead of the Vibe by himself...

Thoughts?

DCL lists the age for Edge as 11-14 & Vibe 14-17. So there is an overlap. I think my 14 y.o. is going to be bored at the Edge but I'm sure the boys going to want to stay together. My 14 y.o. has Aspergers so he's not exactly a joiner with kids he doesn't know. I have a feeling this is going to cause me headaches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter