Do characters sign things other than autograph books?

rkrivas

<font color="e54c7c">Mouseketeer<br><font color="b
I recently saw a cute idea where characters sign picture frame mats and then you use the autographed mats when you frame the photos with the characters.

Has anyone tried this before? How did it work?

We have done photo mats before and they turned out really cute! We had to use 2 because some characters (Tigger & Pluto) signature's are really large. I used masking tape (rolled, on the back of the mat) to hold the mat in place on a thick piece of cardboard. I then kept these in a large heavy plastic ziptop bag. (I work at a church and we get curriculum packets in tall ziptop bags; they are the perfect size.)

My concern was the mat getting bent or wet but overall it was fairly easy to deal with. We kept it in the backpack.

Another idea is to get a canvas bag signed. We used multiple colors of sharpies and kept a sturdy piece of cardboard inside the bag. This made it easier for the characters to bear down and also prevented bleed though of the markers. I also kept this in a ziptop bag. Before our trip I stamped and decorated my DD's name on the front of the bag. We got so many comments from the characters and other guest.

TTFN,
Darlene

Another idea is to get a canvas bag signed. We used multiple colors of sharpies and kept a sturdy piece of cardboard inside the bag. This made it easier for the characters to bear down and also prevented bleed though of the markers. I also kept this in a ziptop bag. Before our trip I stamped and decorated my DD's name on the front of the bag. We got so many comments from the characters and other guest.

TTFN,
Darlene
I like this idea!

Last time we went we had a pillowcase autographed for our DD.
When we first got there we tried the cardboard an large binder clip approach bit found the cardboard bent. So we hit the dollar store and bought one of those mini dry erase boards and clipped it to that. It worked like a dream.
After it was all signed, I signed the outside edging "a dream is a wish your heart makes".
She sleeps with it every night.
I would like to try getting a pair of white canvas sneakers done one time. I think they would be cute!

With one exception they will not sign anything that a person is wearing or that a person takes off to get signed.

The only exception is a cast on a broken arm or leg.

They will also not sign flesh or currency.

I have a T-shirt sitting in my office completely covered in autographs from characters ranging from the Snow Queen to Boba Fett to Hades. My friend did a pillow case and filled both sides.

We did pillowcases for my DD for the last couple of trips. The only thing we did differently was use a painting hoop. It's similar to an embroidery hoop accept it's solid on the back. It was perfect as it pulled the pillowcase tight and provided a solid back for them to press upon. DD has a set of two for her queen size bed and they are by far her most treasured souvenier. We are currently working on a quilt. We take 12x12 squares of fabric and use the same painters hoop and will eventually assemble the quilt. They will be the perfect accompaniment for DD's pillowcases. She's super excited. :goodvibes

I bought one of those make a plate kit and plan on having the characters sign the paper template. I think I will have it held on a clip board and carry in a plastic bag and in a back pack or keep in the stroller. When we get home I will mail it to be made into a kids dinner plate.

cherokeemamma said:
TTFN,
Darlene

we did something similar last year. We bought each of the girls a drawstring bag (Ariel & Tinkerbell) from amazon. They carried them on their backs with sharpies and heavy cardboard inside. They had so much fun with it and got lots of compliments

As long as you aren't wearing it at the time they will sign just about anything :) My daughter was a reigning winner for a national pageant and they signed her sash all down the back. She saved a special spot just for Stitch on the front :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter