• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do cancellations open up availability immediately?

WDW TRIP NUT

Mouseketeer
Our friends are wanting a last min trip (March 17th) at a Value or Mod.
There is nothing available:eek: She has been calling everyday, all day. Do the computers refresh in the middle of the night, or are cancelled ressies immediately available like ADR's are? If anyone is planning a cancellation, please PM me before you cancell so maybe she can call just after the cancellation.:worship: Thanks!!

I have no idea when it would go into the system but I just cancelled a Preferred room at Pop Century for that week. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies! She called this morning as soon as Disney lines opened and "nothing":eek: She has tried up unto an hour ago, and still nothing. I will tell her to try in the morn. again. May be that POP
Ressie will show up. :wizard: They have a ressie off site for a back up, but REALLY wants to be on-site.

Im pretty sure they update at the end of the night so first thing in the morning is the best time. They DEFINATELY dont show up immediately

I switched from ASMu to AKL and I checked on line after I cancelled, and my old reservation wasn't available. I would have to say it does not immediately become available. Keep calling and checking on line an on the phone. I waited for a little while before I got the room at AKL that I wanted! Don't give up!!!:) :)

Clearly a cancellation is recorded in the Disney Reservation database at the time of cancellation, but they could have a workflow that requires the update (cancellation) to be reviewed before it is released to be reserved again. This workflow may have specific times in the day that it occurs but the system could also be instant... If this is the case the next request received after the cancellation could acquire the room and depending on the number of days it could be re-issued in whole or partial. Definately, keep on trying especially around 60-45 days prior to the date as individuals will be making decision regarding final payments for package vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter