Do Canadians need a passport to fly out of Buffalo ?

pauld2

Earning My Ears
Our family of 4 is looking at flying out of Buffalo to Florida. My wife, my daughter, and myself all have Canadian passports, but my 3 year old son does not. Will he need one ?

You won't need one until the end of this year for each member of your family.

janet

The windsor Star JUST had an article about this......To drive across the border you will need a pasport at the end of 2007 BUT to fly (or boat) across the border you will need one at the END of 2006.

So...no, not yet!

But if you are flying from Buffalo then you are entering the US by car so the 2007 date applies.

And until such time, airport security does NOT want to see kids passports ... I was a little peeved when I handed all 4 passports and boarding passes, and was handed back all passports with a "just the adults ma'am" ... so instead of him looking at all 4 and been done with it, I had to look at them and only hand back 2 of them. Waste of time, IMHO.

You won't need it until end of 2007 if you're not flying from Canada.

MaryLiz

Thanks for the info. We hope to be going again 12/15/06, returning 01/06/07. We will fly out of BUF, therefore, won't need passports for that trip. For some reason, I thought we would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter