• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do BBB at beginning or end of trip ?

roxazul

Mouseketeer
DD's birthday is the day after we check in, our first park day at MK.
I had planned to make a ressie at BBB on that morning & a CRT ressie on that same day.

We also have 2 other MK days at the end of the trip. I think doing that on her Bday would be great but I'm scared that with september's heat she's not gonna keep that hairdo (she wants the Diva) more than some hours, she's a water-lover & will probably be in the resort pool every day when coming back from a park;)

Would you do the BBB on the first day ? or wait til the end of the trip (maybe 3 days prior to check out) ?
I would have loved to have her celebrate her Bday on the castle all dressed up as a princess :lovestruc

:confused3

anyway, with Adrs at 90 days now I might even not be able to secure CRT at the beginning of our trip:guilty:

IMHO - I think the beginning of the trip. I would have said that even if it wasn't her birthday at the beginning of the trip. Just seems to me a special "treatment" like that is a wonderful start to a vacation to WDW.

Whatever you decide I'm sure she will love her princess for a day memories.

Last trip we did it in the middle of the trip and she only wore it one day because she wanted to get in the pool. I didn't care. She had fun! Plus all the stuff they put in it (DD had the fairytale hairdo) her hair started turning white and flaky after a few hours so I would have taken out the next day anyway.

This time we will do it on arrival day because that day is her 4th birthday. Hoping I can get an ADR!! Then a meal at CRT. :goodvibes

Start the trip off magically and do it the first day, especially since it's her bday, and take some sparkly hair spray or colour streak stuff from Claires on the trip so you can give her a little updo every day. The one style they do is just a little high bun with the tiara in front of it, pretty easy for you to do yourself before you head out to the parks once the official 'do is finished.

The diva do is a removable hairpiece over a braided bun held in by bobby pins.

DD had this do in the heat of august last year. It lasted several days by just taking the hairpiece off when she wished to swim or needed to shower. In the shower we would just rinse and condition her hair to prevent chlorine damage and breakage. When it was time to go out again I would just pop the hairpiece back on arrange the hair again and add some spray from home.

our last trip we did it the second day (first full day). it was my little girls 5th birthday that day and it was all about the BBB! i think she enjoyed it better early.

I think do it at the beginning. That way you won't have to hear "When do I get to look like princess?", every time you pass another girl who has already been done up.

Wendy

Definitely do it at the beginning. I contined to re-do DD's hair and makeup throughout our trip.

However, I would caution to be careful of the reservation times you choose. I would not sacrifice attractions for BBB. So if the park opens at 9:00 an ADR at 9:00 would be at the bottom of my list. I'd either try for early enough to make rope drop, or later in the day after a swim break. Then she could keep her makeover throughout the evening. (Not everyone would agree with me, but I like to have it all, lol, even if it means doing a bit of creative scheduling.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter