Do any of you use a 5th wheel dolly type mechanism to pull a 5th wheel?

cajunpeach

Tinker Bell attitude in a Pooh size body
We are still shopping for our first camper. There are some really nice looking
5th wheels out there but we want to pull with my Yukon XL...while searching online this morning, my DH found a typle of "tow dolly" (for the lack of actually knowing the correct term for it) for towing a 5th wheel behind a vehicle.

Does anyone have any experiance with these? Likes/Dislikes?? :confused3

Just wanting to know if we should look into it anymore.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup2

We were at the Fort last weekend and saw a Pick Up with a "Tow Buddy" attached to it ( I believe that was the name of it) and had a Fiver in the campsite. We figured he put the golf cart in the bed and used that to tow his fiver. First time I had seen it.

They look pretty good but at the price of $ 6000.00+ unless you can find a used one it seems easier to just get a nice TT and put on overload shocks if needed.

Would not touch em with a 10' pole. Extra axle, extra problems, extra cost.

The above posts are the first time I have even heard of anyone ever seeing this thing. If you want to haul something then the Toy Hauler is the way to go.

I agree with buying a nice trailer or better yet, buy a Dodge Mega Cab and you will a nice roomy truck and can tow a fiver also.

Thanks everyone :thumbsup2

I had no idea it would cost that much.....$6,000 :scared1:

We thought it was an interesting concept too but I think we are going to pass, we weren't trying to haul extra stuff like "toys", we just didn't want to use by DH pu b/c he needs the bed clear and free for his work (he is a builder) and wanted to haul a TT w/ my Yukon XL instead (has less miles on it too)

Oh well, we will just stick w/ a pull behind

Thanks again. :goodvibes

My Dad has a 5'er and his in bed hitch removes and the only thing left in the truck bed are some holes. (The bed rails are underneath the truck bed).

See them all the time at the track, I know several guys that use them to pull car trailers due to hitch weight on motorhome frame extensions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter