Do any of you ladies go to activities without your husband? more...

Makeupmania

Earning My Ears
My husband is a party pooper and likes to get to bed early...and I love to party and have fun (both VERY opposite from each other)I was wondering if any of you ladies participated in activities WITHOUT your husband and if you found that other women were there alone with their mates. It would be great to meet some other women who enjoy the activities on board...Is there a place to go dancing ? I LOVE LOVE to dance....Also...are there any adult games like Newlywed game, etc..that they play?

First, in the spirit of full disclosure, I am a DH, not a DW.

I am planning on going fishing, without my DW, so I would have no problem if she wanted to go somewhere without me.

Second, in the spirit of BD (where is he anyway?), I could not pass this up:

If women are:
WITHOUT your husband and... were there alone with their mates

Who are these mates and where did you meet them?

LOL

Jim

Don't have any desire to. LOVE to be with my WH. He says the same thing about me. His standard line to people is, "I didn't get married to be alone". We have the same tastes in most things & our cruise ship time is some of our favorite romantic time together.
Not that I couldn't or he couldn't - we just love each other's company AND love cruisin'!!

MY DH just crashes from all the sun sometimes he can make it until 10:00 and then sometimes not. I have done all kinds of things without him including the movies, and other late night activites. I do have 2 teenage girls that found they had a really good time hanging with Mom doing all the deck parties and such. My 8 year old would never leave the club long enough to do anything with us. In November this year I hope to keep hubby up a little longer. Oh I did forget to mention he did make it to the midnight buffet for 10,000 desserts! Wonder what kept him going that night?:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Have no fear Makeupmania-

My boyfriend is also a party pooper and not terribly social. We were on the 5/18 Wonder and I decided I was not going to let his attitude effect my fun. I went to Hercules alone and sat next to another woman, sat by the pool alone, and even went to the late night deck party alone. I didn't feel isolated and always felt like I had someone to talk to.

During the 7 day cruise, DH and I did different things alot of time. I wanted to do wine tasting, the cooking stuff, ship tours and play games and he preferred to go to movies and lay by the pool. I didn't feel isolated and neither did he. One night he was tired and I went to the things without him. Makes this kind of vacation fun. So alone time, some togther time...works with us.

I hear you!!!!!!!!!!!! Opposites attract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went on the Wonder with DH, DD and my best friend (with her DM, DD and DS) I spent sometime with DD, lots of time with DH and some time with my girlfriend. She and I toured the ship the first night (went into a club and saw Elvis and Gloria Gaynor contest, then danced to 70's music together) We were going to do the spa thing together, but ended up spending most of our money just getting ready for the cruise. I went to the adult pool where there were quite a few singles lounging there. From what I read on these boards, there are many parents who take their kids and don't have spouses or decide to take grandparents instead, so I'm sure you won't be the only single there.

Originally posted by goofysgirl
In November this year I hope to keep hubby up a little longer.

A novel concept, Disposable Husband......lol!!

DH and I are very similar and like the same things. Are trips are planned and taken together. Having said that there are times when we'll split up on the ship. I've done a number of spa treatments while DH's idea of relaxing is sitting on the veranda with a good book. I've also taken the ship's tour without him (I went with my MIL, but would have easily done it on my own). He likes the internet cafe so he'll often go do that while I browse the shops.

Neither one of us is a night person so can't help you with the lounges etc, but I know if I wanted to go I wouldn't hesitate to do it alone.

Good morning Makeupmania.

My husband is a party pooper and likes to get to bed early...and I love to party and have fun

It IS possible to go to bed early AND have fun.

A party pooper? I'm a morning pooper, myself...

My husband is a party pooper too.... so I went on the cruise without him! Had a great time with my son, my sister and her hubby, and and my best friend and her family!

DH is not a spa person, so I do that alone. There are times, when we are together, or just doing our own thing. Whatever you enjoy, because after all, it is both of your vacations.

We have not been on a cruise yet (that'll change in about 65 days!), but on other vacations we do about 80% of our activities together as a whole family -- I expect this might change on the cruise because I think our girls will like the clubs.

We like to give each other "a break" and take the kiddos out alone maybe once per day. He likes to take long, relaxing naps on vacation, while I don't mind going home exhausted if I've done everything. For example, I might take the kids to the pool while he has a nap, then I'd have an hour to shop alone while he gets them ready for dinner.

My two daughters also enjoy having some "alone time" with each parent -- something that's hard to come by at home. My 9-year old was thrilled last June when she and I took an hour to walk around Wilderness Lodge (alone) while she practiced her photography skills. The 6-year old was equally thrilled when she and I spent some "just us" time in the sandbox at Wilderness Lodge. Works for us.

That's the beauty of a cruise, its easier to split up and do activities alone than it is on a land vacation. I've also found that a lot more people will come up and talk to me when I'm alone than when I'm with my DH, and he finds the same thing, so you often make a lot more acquaintances that way!

My husband and I are not joined at the hip. :)

We each have activites both on and off the ship during the cruise that we participate in separately. Sometimes one of us will do an activity with our daughter while the other does something else.

We also do plenty of things TOGETHER as a couple and as a family during the cruise as well. But it's EVERYONE'S vacation and if he wants to go hear a talk, I want to go to the pool and my daughter wants to go to the Lab then that's what we do...and we're all quite happy with that. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter