Do any of the pools at Sheraton Vistana Resort have a waterslide?

Oh wow. I was going to answer no. Is that slide newer? We stayed at Vistana in 2009 and all we saw was a very large inflatable slide (that was deflated because of the time of year)

Oh wow. I was going to answer no. Is that slide newer? We stayed at Vistana in 2009 and all we saw was a very large inflatable slide (that was deflated because of the time of year)

I don't know how new it is, unfortunately. Our first stay at SVR was summer 2013, so quite recently.

Here's a pic of the whole pool area:

It was an easy walk from our villa in Spas to the Super, Cascades, Falls and Courts pools.

I will also add....while the other pools don't have slides, a few of them do have some rather kid-friendly features.

The Cascades pool has a waterfall and splash fountains:

The Super pool has an in-water volleyball net:

And the Fountains pool has in-water volleyball plus a waterfall:

The Courts pool is just a plain rectangle:

And the Lakes pool is zero entry:

Just an update. Just returned from this resort and the slide was still broken at the falls section. It is a small pool though, so maybe they deliberately keep it out of service to contain the crowds :-)

Just an update. Just returned from this resort and the slide was still broken at the falls section. It is a small pool though, so maybe they deliberately keep it out of service to contain the crowds :-)

Its not broken, it was removed and is in the process of being replaced and re-installed.

We just returned from SVR on the 8th, and here is where they were in the re-installation process by earlier last week:

There are 7 pools at the resort, three of which are sizable and have extended hours (8 am to 1 pm). Five of the seven pools at the resort are all on the same side as the smaller Falls pool. If a pool is crowded, guests have lots of other swimming options within a short walk. There would be no reason to disable the slide for crowd control purposes.

As an owner, I am very happy to see Starwood committed to ongoing maintenance and/or replacement of the fixtures.

Its not broken, it was removed and is in the process of being replaced and re-installed.

We just returned from SVR on the 8th, and here is where they were in the re-installation process by earlier last week:

There are 7 pools at the resort, three of which are sizable and have extended hours (8 am to 1 pm). Five of the seven pools at the resort are all on the same side as the smaller Falls pool. If a pool is crowded, guests have lots of other swimming options within a short walk. There would be no reason to disable the slide for crowd control purposes.

As an owner, I am very happy to see Starwood committed to ongoing maintenance and/or replacement of the fixtures.

Here is the thing: this is the only pool slide in the entire resort. And it has been out of service for maintenance from at least January.
Whether or not we call it "broken", it is not been available for a while with no ETA.
No doubt there are many pools in the resort. We loved the Cascades one. Kids love a slide though, so possibly lot of them would like to check out this one at least once, and it is not really a big pool area.

Don't get me wrong, I love the resort and give it a 5/5, but I did write this down in their online feedback.

Here is the thing: this is the only pool slide in the entire resort. And it has been out of service for maintenance from at least January.
Whether or not we call it "broken", it is not been available for a while with no ETA.
No doubt there are many pools in the resort. We loved the Cascades one. Kids love a slide though, so possibly lot of them would like to check out this one at least once, and it is not really a big pool area.

Don't get me wrong, I love the resort and give it a 5/5, but I did write this down in their online feedback.

I am sure families with small children miss the slide while its in refurbishment.

I don't think its fair to suggest, though, as you did in your initial post that they are "deliberately keeping it out of service to contain the crowds" because it is a smaller pool. We have no way of knowing if the original slide replacement was due to delays beyond the resort's control. And it really would seem senseless that they deliberately delay reopening a little slide so swimmers will choose to frequent another pool....that would just put more stress on the other facilities. I don't know what your dates were, but we were at SVR from May 1st to 8th, and the resort was marvelously quiet.....if there were "crowds" that needed containing in the pools, we certainly didn't see them.

I am sure families with small children miss the slide while its in refurbishment.

I don't think its fair to suggest, though, as you did in your initial post that they are "deliberately keeping it out of service to contain the crowds" because it is a smaller pool. We have no way of knowing if the original slide replacement was due to delays beyond the resort's control. And it really would seem senseless that they deliberately delay reopening a little slide so swimmers will choose to frequent another pool....that would just put more stress on the other facilities. I don't know what your dates were, but we were at SVR from May 1st to 8th, and the resort was marvelously quiet.....if there were "crowds" that needed containing in the pools, we certainly didn't see them.

Hence the smiley at the end of the sentence "deliberately keeping it out of service to contain the crowds". It was a half-joke comment, not meant to be taken too seriously.

I was there till May 2. I agree that the resort was quiet like you say. I think it is probably reasonably quiet even during holiday season owing to size.
The big pools had a decent amount of people, especially Cascades. One time we waited to find a pool chair.
The falls pool did not have a lot of people. Then again, the slide was not in service, so we don't really know. It is a small pool area. Logically it seems to me that capacity will be exceeded at certain times of the day when kids from other sections would come in (people who normally would never go to this pool). Maybe someone will report when it starts back up. Maybe I am wrong. They don't really advertise the pool slide, so maybe most people don't even know about it. It is also kind of a small slide, so maybe it would not appeal to the bigger kids.

Actually spent a fair bit of time at the Falls pool this past March because the slide was gone. Normally it is very popular with the younger crowd, and is one pool we avoid, but with the slide gone it was a great quiet pool. I expect that as soon as the slide is open - and from the looks of Gina's picture I would say it probably is now - it will again be a popular kids/young family pool.

I'm just guessing here, but based on the sudden disappearance, and the fact that it never made the Vistana newsletters, I would think that the resort identified a safety or maintenance concern and removed the slide immediately. That probably explains why it took about 10 weeks to get a new one. I doubt you just pop down to the local Home Despot for one of those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter