Do any of the DCL ships have a library?

TrySomethingNew

TrySomethingNew
We will go on an 11 night next year and wondered if there was a library ( a couple of big readers and library lovers in the family). We were on the Dream a couple of years ago, but never saw one...of course we did not see all of the ship in those 4 days either.

We will go on an 11 night next year and wondered if there was a library ( a couple of big readers and library lovers in the family). We were on the Dream a couple of years ago, but never saw one...of course we did not see all of the ship in those 4 days either.

No. There are some books and magazines available at the Cove Café in the adult area on the ships. But no real library.

If you want to read, bring your own.

I'll just point out that our first cruise I brought 3 books to read. I now only bring one, and, if I'm lucky, I'll get through the first 50-100 pages in it.

Good to know, thanks. I'm not planning on bringing books, maybe my Kindle, but dd reads a lot so just want to be prepared!

I read four books on my September cruise even though it was port intensive, so I get the needing books thing. Unfortunately all Disney has is the exchange cabinet in Cove. It was helpful that trip though, as two of my four were from there.

I brought reading material on my tablet..... then I discovered the 24x7 movies!

Does your daughter have a Kindle you could just load up? If not, maybe for Christmas? I was one of those kids, too... an e-reader would have made life so much easier when we were traveling! One summer my family did a month traveling through Europe and I visited bookstores in every country. I probably read 20 books (and lugged them around with me). Then there was the time we spent a week in Hawaii and I started the first Harry Potter book on the plane over... four hardcover editions came home with me. Thank goodness they didn't charge for luggage back then!

Sadly, no.

My husband and I both brought our tablets with us on our cruise. One of our favorite things to do when our daughter was happily busy in the kids club was to sit in the loungers on deck 4 and read our books while listening to and watching the ocean go by.

On our DCL Panama Canal cruise, there were lots of sea days, so plenty of time for reading. The stateroom next door started a book exchange. On the hall railing between our rooms, they hung out a recyclable bag with used books in it and had a sign to help yourself by putting in a book and taking one you wanted. At the end of the cruise, the leftover books were given to the crew.

Sadly, no.

My husband and I both brought our tablets with us on our cruise. One of our favorite things to do when our daughter was happily busy in the kids club was to sit in the loungers on deck 4 and read our books while listening to and watching the ocean go by.

People often forget this deck is a great place to be. Not crowded, not noisy. You can even get a chair inbetween lifeboats and still get sun if that is your thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter