Do any adults without kids go on a Disney cruise?

i been on 2 disney cruises but the august repo will be my first without our son. he will just be getting out of high school. i just got into cruising last year. the only way i will not do disney is when i run out of places that they go to. i still got a while with the new ships coming out.

Add us to that list. Husband and I are going on our 7th in a few weeks. Adult daughter and I just got off one in August. We also are big big Disney fans. Started with trips to WDW when we were first married 32 years ago, bought stock, got discounts for trips with daughters growing up, now go with adult daughters, bought DVC, bought in Celebration (once owned by Disney) , go to Broadway for Disney shows and now cruise. I can't wait to see what is next for us! Always growing along with Disney. Hope you have a blast when you go!

Our first cruise was when DD completed her first contract on the Magic. We really loved it as did my 80 something mom and aunt. One thing no one has mentioned is that the entertainment is Broadway quality. BECAUSE the shows are family friendly, you don't have the crude humor and profanity in the shows that I found when we cruised Holland to Alaska last year. I also preferred the Broadway style on DCL to the Vegas style on HCL.

The other thing that makes cruising DCL so great is you get to watch other people's kids' eyes light up with wonder and excitement when they see Mickey or Goofy or the other characters. Enchanted children are a joy to see - especially if you're not responsible for them.:rotfl:

I don't know the percentages but my guess is that somewhere between 30-40% of the guests are cruising without kids. Some of these are folks like Barb and Tony that just enjoy the ship and others are the grandparents or friends of families that have kids.

There will be six of us cruising in October and we range from DDIL at 24 to DMIL at 80 something.

Try it, you will love it.

Add us to that "Adults Only" cruisers list. DH & I sailed for our first cruise ever on the 4 day Wonder cruise 2 years ago for our 30th Anniversary. We are booked on the Nov 4 Wonder and can't wait. Our children are grown (24 & 25). When I mentioned taking another cruise, I suggested other lines and DH said "no way....if i'm going on another cruise it has to be another Disney one", so that's what we're doing. We had a great time on the first one. Sure, there were children onboard, but the only time we were really around them was during the shows and as we walked from BBB to the adult area of the ship. You will have a fantastic time as adult only cruisers.

O.k....Hubby and I are leaving on Wonder for our 4th Disney cruise without kids. They have been on 3 7-day cruises with us. We have tried other cruise lines, just not the same. We love Disney! Can't wait to get on the boat! It's another honeymoon for us. We have been married for 17 years years!

We do! Infact this weekend I'll be going on my fourth Disney Cruise in just over a year (first was in June of 06'). We love it! The adult areas onboard beat out those we've experienced elsewhere. Plus I like to enjoy the nightclubs with no heavy smoke smell, and Disney offers that. Also the adult pool is great as is Serenity Bay. Plenty to do for those traveling without little ones.

Our only kids have fur/whiskers/claws, feathers, and hooves/manes, yet we have done 58 Disney cruises and will hit #60 by the end of this year!

You have no idea how some of us envy you! We are only on number 10 this Dec. Some with kids (grandkids, niece, etc) and some without kids. Both are different experiences but both are WONDERFUL!! :thumbsup2

DH and I will be going on our 2nd 7 day cruise on 9/22. We go to the parks quite frequently. We are hoping for kids - just hasn't happened yet. If the kids don't bother you at the parks, they won't bother you on the cruise ships.

We looooooove the DCL!!! There are seminars and movies and shore excursions just for the two of you. You probably won't even be seated with people with children at dinner. We got to meet some great adults on our last cruise - it was a blast!

We're just enjoying all the adult things we can before we have to go to the kid shows and the kid excursions, etc. It's a very relaxing romantic (and adventurous) time!

:cool1:

Wow, thanks for all the responses. I had no idea that so many adults (without kids) went. It sounds great.
We did see the special the other night on DCL. I had actually seen it on before and never watched it. That is what got me started on wanting to cruise DCL. I think I will check the schedule for the Travel Channel and see what time it comes on for the 13th and watch it again.
Thanks again guys!!!!!! :thumbsup2

DH and I are another two without kids who love DCL! I think for us we enjoy the family atmosphere, as strange as that sounds. We like to relax on vacation, indulge, enjoy, but we're not the go wild, drink all day sorts, and it's the latter that's kept us from some other cruise lines. Errr...not that we haven't seem some rather amusing behavior on DCL. ;) The adult areas are just amazing. If it helps, on our January cruise, here was the adult beach on Castaway Cay:

88477adultbeach.JPG

And this was the family area:

88477familybeach.JPG

Gotta love it :thumbsup2

My wife and I have only taken two with DCL and we have no kids. We love it. We Just love DCL. As long as they continue to make shure that no one under 18 is in the adult only areas then we will be back for all of our cruises.

DH and I are another two without kids who love DCL! I think for us we enjoy the family atmosphere, as strange as that sounds. We like to relax on vacation, indulge, enjoy, but we're not the go wild, drink all day sorts, and it's the latter that's kept us from some other cruise lines. Errr...not that we haven't seem some rather amusing behavior on DCL. ;) The adult areas are just amazing. If it helps, on our January cruise, here was the adult beach on Castaway Cay:

88477adultbeach.JPG

And this was the family area:

88477familybeach.JPG

Gotta love it :thumbsup2

yes, DCL is very good about enforcing the adults only areas, both on the ship and on castaway cay....

that beach in the picture above is soooooooooooooo peaceful....
and in addition to the beach, there is a separate bar-b-que...which is nice and quiet as well....

and the adult areas on the ship really have no children in them....

we do have kids, but on our cruises, our son spent all of his time with the teen group and our daughter was already 20, so she hung out with us in the adult area....and that is where we were all the time....

also, though i have kids, i'm not particularly fond of other people's (screaming wild) children...

i was wondering how it would be on the ship...especially since the ship was 100% full when we sailed with more than half of that 100% kids...

you won't believe it, but we barely saw children....certainly very few little ones..

we ate in the second seating, where there are far fewer children...and spent all of our non-eating time in the adult areas....i barely knew there were children on board the ship....talk about bliss.....

My best friend from college and I are doing a three day in January! We've done two Disney cruises with the whole family and I am really looking forward to actually making it to the adult pool this time! My dh has been really sweet to do this for me but he and the kids are totally jealous! I feel a little guilty leaving them behind, but I promised to rebook onboard for our next family cruise!

Well, we started taking DCL b/c of the DD - but honestly? It's not like you have to have children to enjoy it - or that other peoples' children will ruin it for you (seriously? for someone who has a child, I find most children annoying! weird, but true...)

I'd say a large percentage of the DISers here cruise w/o kids - and a large percentage on the ship too.

DCL does an excellent (better than other lines) job of keeping the ship good for both families and adults-only... It's part of the allure for us parents, even - the ability to go on vacation with our child and to also spend some time in 'adult only' areas.

You'll love it - go for it!

DH and I don't have children and we love DCL. In fact we leave in 2 days for WDW and then DCL. Here is a picture of DH at the adult beach. He has his butt parked in the small chair in the water with an adult beverage. We saw a couple of other people doing the same thing.

105_0558.jpg

As you can see it was NOT crowded.:thumbsup2

My DH and I do a week long cruise every Feb. while leaving our children at home. :love: Our wedding anniversary is that month, so it gives us time alone to reconnect and enjoy the romance of the Disney ship. Palo is the best, and since we cruise Valentine's week we try to book that day. We also love the Quiet Cove pool, the spa, the wait staff is wonderful, and the shows are second to none. We are taking our DS11 on his first Disney cruise next week which will be great, but we can't wait to do WDW and the cruise in Feb. without the kids! If you love the parks you will love the cruise. Have a great time.

Laura

We are doing our 3rd this month without kids. It's great!

my wife , myself, BIL and SIL have 20, 7 to 14 day cruises, between us, all w/ no kids and have 2 more booked on the Westbound Panama Canal Cruise in May, 2000

We have only cruised on Disney to date, but my wife and I have a 7-day eastern booked on the Mariner of The Seas (rccl) for Oct. 28th this year.

Love Disney but am looking forward to trying RCCL, Princess, Celebrity, Costa and possibly Holland America, Carnival and Cunard.

The upcoming 28th cruise got us a balcony stateroom for less than an inside stateroom on Disney.

Kids are not a problem on the Disney cruises, only the kids parents.
No bad kids, only bad parents.

If you love WDW and all things Disney you will absolutely LOVE DCL! DH and I will be going on DCL #12 in just a couple of weeks. Cruising DCL is the most relaxing, peaceful experience we have ever had! (This time adult DD and our two DGD's are joining us. Don't know how relaxing this one will be.:scared1: )

I love Disney and love cruising. Our kids have four legs and fur so they wouldn't be cruising with us.
Disney Cruise Line looks wonderful. I have heard many good things about them.
Are there any adults out there that go without kids or is that just a crazy thought?
I will now put on my flame retardant(sp?) suit. :firefight If any of you have do you wish you didn't or did you enjoy it? (Not that I don't like kids, we do have nieces that we love, we just don't want kids of our own.)
Just curious if we should give it a try. :confused3
Our first four Disney Cruises were before we had kids. The very first was actually our honeymoon and we've been hooked since. We're taking our kids for the first time in December. As many have said, there is something for everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter