Do 2 year olds get Magic Bands?

shaycamp21

DIS Veteran
For some reason my two year old is not showing up on my reservation on MDE-- is that because she is two and she doesn't count? She does appear on my confirmation email from WDW when I booked my reservation she is just not appearing on my reservation on MDE (even though she appears on my profile as one of my family members)? She is included in all of my ADRs but just not on my resort reservation on MDE (there should be 5 of us but it only shows 4). Also I am assuming that because she is two she will NOT receive a magic band--correct? Is this something I need to fix?

My 2 year old has a magic band for our up coming December trip and I got her fast passes. I would call Disney she should be on your room.

My 18 month old did not show up under the ticket section but was listed under the resort ressie and in all my ADR's. He did receive a magic band but of course didn't actually need it.

Just an FYI, I didn't find the times I wanted for FastPass+ online, due to being Annual Passholders and having a set way to move around the parks. I called direct and instead of getting 3 times that kept us in parks until 6:30pm, I was able to get times to get us through Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios by 1pm our usual time with 3 fast pass +'s each day. Got Toy Story 9-10 Rockin Roller Coaster 10-11 Tower of Terror 11-12, Animal Kingdom got Killamanjaro 10-11 Everest 11-12 and Dinosaur 12-1. Guess it pays to call.

My 8 month old shows up under our ressies but can not pick FP+ for him (says he's not eligible). And he did not get a MB.

Mine did not, they told me under 3 they don't get them because they don't have tickets

I haven't been yet, but it did let me customize my 2 year olds magic band on MDE, and I also asked I a. Other thread and was told she would get one. Which is good - bc she is going to want whatever her big sisters have!

My 2-year-old didn't get one in the mail even though he was on MDE w/us. When we arrived we asked if he could have one because he would have felt left out seeing as both his sisters had one. They gave us one and were happy to do so. My DS would hold his band up to the Mickey head when we were using FP+ and instead of turning green like ours did, it just turned blue and he was happy with that. He came on every single FP+ ride with us, no problems whatsoever.
You do not need to make FP+ selections for your 2-year-old because they will just be granted access with you, just like if you had a paper FP :)

My two year old got a magic bed. He was listed on the room reservation with is and was in MDE. Initially I thought it was a waste because they don't need them for anything but now I am so thankful he was given one because we received them last week, had him try it on for sizing, and now I can't convince him to take the thing off! He would have been rather upset if he didn't get one.

just came back from wdw. our 8 month old was on the hotel ressie and magic band was waiting for him at the resort.

In summary:

A guest under 3 years of age does not need to USE a MagicBand at the parks.

However, if you want a MB for that person...

A guest under 3 years of age should be listed on your MDE account.

A guest under 3 years of age should receive a MagicBand either by pre-shipment or at the resort desk at check-in.

If you did not/do not get a MB from Disney and you have a guest in your party who is under 3 years of age,
you can ask for a MB for that guest at the resort desk at check-in.

Even though the guest under 3 years of age does not need to USE a MagicBand at the parks,
if (s)he does get one, it very likely it will not activate the MB readers at the parks,
it will just let the little one "fit in with everyone" if (s)he gets to wear a MB.

My two year old got a magic bed. He was listed on the room reservation with is and was in MDE. Initially I thought it was a waste because they don't need them for anything but now I am so thankful he was given one because we received them last week, had him try it on for sizing, and now I can't convince him to take the thing off! He would have been rather upset if he didn't get one.

Same here DD2 looooooves her "magic bracelets" and wants to wear both of them all the time! And she wants us to wear both of ours all the time too. It's going to be hard to get her to leave one behind in the hotel room to go to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter