DME to the Fort for only part of the party?

KristinU

DIS Veteran
So my parents have reservations for a week in January at the Fort and I just so happened to check the school calendar and our bank of Southwest points...lo and behold it looks like things line up so that DS and I can go crash a few days of their vacation! So, I'll ask my mom to add us to their reservation, but my question is can we request DME for the two of us? My parents will be towing their car, but if we can just hop on a DME bus and meet them over there it would be easier than asking them to drive over and pick us up at the airport. Anyone ever do this?

So my parents have reservations for a week in January at the Fort and I just so happened to check the school calendar and our bank of Southwest points...lo and behold it looks like things line up so that DS and I can go crash a few days of their vacation! So, I'll ask my mom to add us to their reservation, but my question is can we request DME for the two of us? My parents will be towing their car, but if we can just hop on a DME bus and meet them over there it would be easier than asking them to drive over and pick us up at the airport. Anyone ever do this?
We haven't done that exact scenario but we always use dme for our cabin stay. Your parents will need to have you guys listed on their reservation then you can call and reserve the dme. On our last trip, one person only stayed for part of the trip. There was no problem at all arranging that.

We haven't done that exact scenario but we always use dme for our cabin stay. Your parents will need to have you guys listed on their reservation then you can call and reserve the dme. On our last trip, one person only stayed for part of the trip. There was no problem at all arranging that.

Sounds good! We'll call after she adds us. Thanks!

Hold the phone! My question is moot. Their check in date is Sunday and we're going to fly in on Saturday. No availability at the Fort for them to add a night (or for us to tent it on our own site for the night) so DS and I snagged a value for that Saturday night. I guess we'll be split-stayers for the first time...I need to look into the luggage transfer stuff!

So excited to be hitting the Fort in a little over a month!

Just in case you ever do this and need to have part of your party using DME, it's very doable. WE usually take our camper down and our adult children fly in later. I tell the CM and they note it on the reservation. Luggage tags are sent for those flying. It worked very well.

Hold the phone! My question is moot. Their check in date is Sunday and we're going to fly in on Saturday. No availability at the Fort for them to add a night (or for us to tent it on our own site for the night) so DS and I snagged a value for that Saturday night. I guess we'll be split-stayers for the first time...I need to look into the luggage transfer stuff!

So excited to be hitting the Fort in a little over a month!
Just make sure to arrange your departure DME to be the day you are leaving from the fort, not the day your first reservation ends.

Just make sure to arrange your departure DME to be the day you are leaving from the fort, not the day your first reservation ends.

Yep, I did just a one way DME on my All Star reservation. I need to get the return DME scheduled still, I should probably get on that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter