DME to alternative resort

kimkim723

Earning My Ears
hi, im new to the boards so please bear with me

my partner and our two kids arrive in WDW the day before me (Dec 13th) and will have all our luggage checked in by the time i arrive. i have exams to write so i get there the following day on a 7:30 pm flight (Dec 14th). we were hoping to do MVMCP on the evening i arrive. they will be hitting the parks earlier but i wanted to join them asap when my flight touches down. i won't have much on me except my purse and laptop bag.

we will be staying at disney's caribbean beach resort for the duration of our stay. but is there anyway I can catch DME to one of the resorts that is serviced by the monorail in order to get to MK asap for the festivities? i won't have anything to check in at my resort. do they check which bus you jump on when it's time to load passengers? can i make this specific request with DME beforehand?

any info would be really appreciated

cheers,

kimmie

Currently not available; you may only reserve and take Magical Express to and from your own resort.

At the DME welcoming area you are directed to the bus queue for your resort. You have or will receive vouchers that are scanned by the driver as you board the DME bus.

Nothing prevents "hidden city ticketing"; your getting off the DME bus at an earlier resort stop (you see and like) along the way to your resort.

As Seashore said, you have to take DME to your scheduled resort. BUT, in your case, I would politely ask at the check in desk if it was possible. They may have a bus going in your direction. If not, go to your resort and go from there...... It never hurts to nicely ask.

Duds

I have been in your exact same situation twice- showing up on a different flight after my family had checked in, no luggage, no need to stop at the resort to pick up tickets -so I wanted to go to a different resort to get to a park to be with my family ASAP. Both times, I have politely requested some pixie dust at the DME check in counter. I explained my situation and requested to go to a specific resort other than the one I was staying at. Both times, my request was granted. Ask nicely and my guess is your request will be granted. Just know it is not a guarantee - it is pixie dust if it happens! Have a great trip!:)

You say in your post that you will have your purse and computer bag. Would you want to take your computer bag to the Magic Kingdom?

You say in your post that you will have your purse and computer bag. Would you want to take your computer bag to the Magic Kingdom?

I have. I put it in the bottom of the stroller. I was fine all day. I felt fine with it down there because, it does not look like the typical laptop bag but more like a regular shoulder bag or diaper bag.
But for my next flight I will be trading my laptop for a Nexus7 tablet.

This is why DME needs to officially pick up / drop off in the parks.

Vacation travelers seem to have replaced their laptops with tablets and smartphones. For the most part laptops stayed in the hotel room but tablets and of course smartphones generally stay with the owner.

I agree that's one reason why DME directly to and from the parks might make sense. Countering that is the tendency of passengers to max out their carry on allowance in order to reduce checked luggage charges. Not an issue with Southwest passengers and not as big an issue with Jetblue passengers.

When DME was first offered it was going to be free during Disney's celebration. Disney kept the service free. I'm not sure if that is one reason why Disney isn't making changes.

The rumor and news board has posts which suggests Disney might be sending guests their RID key/bracelet with their final "stuff". That might make it easier to justify allowing guests to bypass their resort and go directly to a theme park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter