• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DME time frame to Pop Century?

michellelovesthemous

DIS Veteran
I am just looking for a "guestamation" for time frame from anyone who has landed at a similar time frame trying to decide what to do on our arrival day, so we land allegedly at 4:45pm will have to hit take ladies room and Starbucks as we will have been up since 3am if we get to DME by 5:30 and this is a Tuesday afternoon w/rush hour how long do you think it will take to get to Pop?
My gut I'd staying just stay at the resort, have food and enjoy the hotel visit AOA and see the pool movie BUT if it is early enough since it will be still early to us(3 hr difference) we may go to DTD.
Thanks for any advice!

Actual travel time is about 30 minutes,but you never know how long you will wait to board a Bus at OIA.:)

I usually figure on about 90 mins from gate to resort. A rest room and Starbucks stop will add maybe 10 mins. Usually, it takes me less time...around 75 mins. But, it depends on which stop you are....most of the time, when going to Pop, I have been the first stop, but other times, it has been the last stop, of three. So, figure on 90 mins. You 'should' be at Pop by 6:15ish. You land at 4:45, so it will be another 10 mins or so before you reach the gate...which is when we start counting....as we step off the plane.

I vote you head to DTD once you get settled and have dinner. Are you thinking of going anywhere in particular?

I vote you head to DTD once you get settled and have dinner. Are you thinking of going anywhere in particular?
If we go to DTD it will just be to EOS Mum loves the thanksgiving sandwich there I think it will all depend on how long it takes to get there and get checked in.
We have always done red eye from Seattle this time it is nit offered so I waste a day with Alaska Air:scared: when I should be with:mickeyjum:goofy::donald::stitch2: ah well I shall make it.....

I usually figure on about 90 mins from gate to resort. A rest room and Starbucks stop will add maybe 10 mins. Usually, it takes me less time...around 75 mins. But, it depends on which stop you are....most of the time, when going to Pop, I have been the first stop, but other times, it has been the last stop, of three. So, figure on 90 mins. You 'should' be at Pop by 6:15ish. You land at 4:45, so it will be another 10 mins or so before you reach the gate...which is when we start counting....as we step off the plane.
You and us both!! We have to wait for Mum as a wheelchair should be waiting for us at OIA to get us to our coffee/potty stops the to DME I can cross my fingers for first stop I think we were the last couple of years. Thank you for your info.

Anywhere from an hour to an a hour and a halfish. The bus to Pop will stop at AoA first as well. Depends on how long you wait for a MDE bus.

If you fully complete on line check in in advance, you can skip the front desk and go straight to your room. They will text or e-mail your room number.

This has been our experiences as well. The last trip was closer to 2 hours but we had an unusually long wait for a bus upon landing. On all other trips there was a bus waiting when we walked up.

It took longer to wait in the two Pop lines at the airport (one to check MB and one for the bus) than the actual ride to the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter