• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DME question

1GR8DISNEYFAN

Mouseketeer
We are trying to plan our last park day. This is our first trip using DME so not sure how long it takes. The day we leave our flight is not until 7:25 p.m out of MCO. About what time will we need to be back tot the resort for DME? Thanks

DME will pick you up about 3 hours prior to your flight time, so you will likely get a pickup time about 4 to 4:30.

That is the time the bus leaves the resort...not the time it arrives there. You should plan on being at the bus pickup with your entire party and everything you need to carry on the bus no later than 10 minutes before that time, I use 15 for extra safety.

We are trying to plan our last park day. This is our first trip using DME so not sure how long it takes. The day we leave our flight is not until 7:25 p.m out of MCO. About what time will we need to be back tot the resort for DME? Thanks

Bus going back k will be leaving approximately 3 hrs prior to the flight

The ME folks will leave an envelope with your time; domestic flights are normally about three hours plus you need to be at the stop 15 minutes before to start boarding the bus - the time noted is the time the bus leaves the resort.

They schedule on demand, so depending on how busy that day; it may be on the quarter hour or on the hour, so it could be between 4:00 pm and 4:15 pm.

Check the envelope when you receive it.

And don't miss your scheduled time. As Missytara says, it's scheduled on demand. It can easily happen that the next bus won't have room for youb(even it looks empty it's probably picking up people at oter resorts) or the next bus will be too late. In those cases, it's a taxi ride with the cost. Just so you know how it works.

Also if you are using RAC for your luggage to have them checked in so you dont have to drag them to MCO, that has to be done by I think 1pm?? Someone will correct me if that's wrong.. Since you have a later flight time that can get you if you want to check bags.

Also if you are using RAC for your luggage to have them checked in so you dont have to drag them to MCO, that has to be done by I think 1pm?? Someone will correct me if that's wrong.. Since you have a later flight time that can get you if you want to check bags.

That is correct; the RAC desk is only open from 5 am to 1 pm.

Thank you for all the responses. We will only have carry-on luggage. I am planing on checking out of our room early and leaving our bags at the front desk. Is that the best way to do it?

Thank you for all the responses. We will only have carry-on luggage. I am planing on checking out of our room early and leaving our bags at the front desk. Is that the best way to do it?

Yes, as long as you allow enough time upon your return to the resort to retrieve the luggage from Bell Services. The bus won't wait for you to retrieve your luggage.

I'm planning on springing for a cab our last day instead of DME. Due to JetBlue rescheduling our departure from 6pm to 230pm, I didn't want to have to leave the World at 11:00am --- so we are going to check our luggage and have our last morning at MK and then head back to GF and take a cab to the airport -- probably leaving at 12:30pm -- thoughts, suggestions, corrections are appreciated!

Tom

I'm planning on springing for a cab our last day instead of DME. Due to JetBlue rescheduling our departure from 6pm to 230pm, I didn't want to have to leave the World at 11:00am --- so we are going to check our luggage and have our last morning at MK and then head back to GF and take a cab to the airport -- probably leaving at 12:30pm -- thoughts, suggestions, corrections are appreciated!

Tom

Do you know what the cost of the cab would be back to MCO? I am not crazy about having to leave so early to get to the airport so I might consider this. This may sound like a silly question, but does anyone know which way the afternoon rush hour traffic runs? Heading to the airport will I be going with rush hour traffic or against it?

Do you know what the cost of the cab would be back to MCO? I am not crazy about having to leave so early to get to the airport so I might consider this. This may sound like a silly question, but does anyone know which way the afternoon rush hour traffic runs? Heading to the airport will I be going with rush hour traffic or against it?

I'm guessing that at your time of departure you will be in traffic no doubt. I don't think I will be at noon. I believe the cabride is $50-60. Not sure if you have a lot of people if there is a surcharge or not.

TOm

The lines at MCO can get very long. I have often found the 3hr pick up time does not leave a lot of extra time at the airport. There can also be traffic on route to the airport. Taking a cab would save you what, 30 minutes?!

Kimberle said:
The lines at MCO can get very long. I have often found the 3hr pick up time does not leave a lot of extra time at the airport. There can also be traffic on route to the airport. Taking a cab would save you what, 30 minutes?!

I agree with this! We often grumble about the 3 hours, but last weekend, we got to the airport, spent about 15 minutes in the Disney/Universal stores, grabbed a quick bite at McDonald's/Le Petite Bistro, and then had about 15 minutes before boarding...and we honestly didn't even stand in line that long in security!

1GR8DISNEYFAN said:

Definitely leave enough time; we left SSR one year on a Saturday at 4pm, at the height of check-in time by veteran DVCers. We were told to show up about 15 minutes early. Glad we did.

You are right, it would not be worth the cost of a cab for 30 minutes. It just seems like such a waist of valuable vacation time when you consider we will need to be waiting for a bus back to the resort by 2:30, 5 hours before hour flight, just to make sure we have our luggage from bell services and ready 15 minutes before departure time. This is our first trip without a car and also our shortest trip, only 3 full days, so every hour counts. I am not familiar with the bus system so I hope 2:30 is even allowing enough time. I think a car does save some time, but I have always wanted to ride on DME. It looks so exciting when you arrive at the airport and see those buses waithing.

Tom

I personally dont think it's worth $60 for a cab for at MOST and extra hour at WDW.. But I hate having the feeling of being late or rushed or the infamous 'what if' situation.. But, that's just me, and you asked for thoughts :) So my thought is, not worth it to me. And your bus would probably be between 1115 on the early side and 1145 on the late side. And you should hope there is a taxi there waiting and they didnt just dispatch and wasnt one there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter