• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DME luggage question

theEncode

Mouseketeer
I tried looking but was unable to find an answer to this question. We are arriving at MCO a day early and staying offsite. I know we are able to ride DME on the day we check in to our on site hotel, but would we have to carry our luggage on the bus (and by that I mean underneath), or could we not actually pick up our luggage at baggage claim the day before and DME would pick it up for us and have delivered to our rooms?

Thanks!

No, just like you can't ride DME on the day before your Disney check-in day, your luggage can't either.

Don't put the DME tags on your bags. When you land at MCO, claim your bags and go to your off-site hotel. The next day, your Disney check-in day, you have the option of returning to the airport and catching a DME bus to your Disney resort. You'll take all your bags with you to the bus, and the driver will load them under the bus, etc. etc. you know the rest. :-)

theEncode said:
I tried looking but was unable to find an answer to this question. We are arriving at MCO a day early and staying offsite. I know we are able to ride DME on the day we check in to our on site hotel, but would we have to carry our luggage on the bus (and by that I mean underneath), or could we not actually pick up our luggage at baggage claim the day before and DME would pick it up for us and have delivered to our rooms?

Thanks!

You realize you answered your own question.....you said you know you were only able to ride ME on the day of arrival. That is because you only qualify for ME if you are a guest of the resort.

You realize you answered your own question.....you said you know you were only able to ride ME on the day of arrival. That is because you only qualify for ME if you are a guest of the resort.

Well that's not true. A resort guest is allowed a trip from the airport and a trip to the airport. Doesn't matter when, as long as it between checkin ad checkout day.

Op you will indeed need to bring the bags onto the bus, well, beneath the bus, with you. I've heard that if you stay at the mco Hyatt regency, however, that they have a paid option to get the bags to the DME delivery option, but that could be outdated or I could have misunderstood.

Actually, it happened to me too. We ended up spent a night somewhere else. Traveling luggage, we found a great deal at travelingluggages.com, was taken with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter