• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DME luggage and late arrive

my2redheads

Mouseketeer
Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 9:50 PM so technically ME should still handle our luggage. What happens if the flight is late or delayed? If we arrive at 10:01 are we responsible for retrieving our own luggage? We've never arrived this late before and it didn't occur to me that we might have to deal with our bags. Thanks everyone.

If you step off the plane after 10 PM, you need to go to the carousels to get your bags.

If you don't find the bags there, file a baggage claim before leaving the area for the Magical Express welcoming area. Do not accept the oral word of an airline agent that Magical Express got the bags already for the purpose of not filing a claim.

(At some time in the future Disney may publish more precise or different rules for Magical Express, and perhaps separate rules for arrivals between 9:51 and 10:09 PM, which you will see promptly on The DIS forums.)

I LOVE the luggage delivery feature of DME!! Even still, with a flight that close to 10pm I would just skip the DME luggage tags and pick up my bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter