DME info arrived but it doesn't know our flight #s

Miffy

DIS Veteran
We were so thrilled to get our DME package in the mail last week, nearly 5 weeks ahead of our trip, but I noticed that it doesn't have our airline or flight #s printed in it, even though I gave all that information to the person I booked our rooms and DME with.

Is it necessary to call back and give them our flight info again or is this info never printed in the booklet?

TIA for help.

I wouldn't worry about it. As long as the resort info is correct you should be good to go. I'm not at all sure what they really need the arrival flight info for, other than to be able to track who is coming in at what time. But, the flight info going home is a bit more important. That's what they use to decide on a pick-up time for you at the resort. I have always given it to them when I checkin upon arrival at MCO, at the DME checkin desk.

The same thing happened to us. I called the DME number and the person said some of the information from the reservation people, flights, etc. is not getting to them, so he just took the flight info both ways, and said we're good to go. I agree it is probably more important for the return, but you can probably do that at DME check-in.

Just got mine too and the flight info isn't on it either. I know they have it because it was in my reservation information received. I'm going to call them and give it to them again just to make sure though. I think the arrival flight info triggers them to look for luggage to pick up to take to the resorts.

GoofyBaseballMom26 said:
Just got mine too and the flight info isn't on it either. I know they have it because it was in my reservation information received. I'm going to call them and give it to them again just to make sure though. I think the arrival flight info triggers them to look for luggage to pick up to take to the resorts.

The yellow, bar coded, tag is what triggers the luggage to pulled. Luggage is usually pulled right off the tarmac.

The arrival time helps Disney decide how many buses are needed at different times of the day but DME probably already has a good idea of passenger distribution. I'd want Disney to have my flight information if my flight was very late, after 11:00p, certainly after midnight.

I got mine the other day and the flight info was blank on it too.

Lewisc said:
The yellow, bar coded, tag is what triggers the luggage to pulled. Luggage is usually pulled right off the tarmac.

The arrival time helps Disney decide how many buses are needed at different times of the day but DME probably already has a good idea of passenger distribution. I'd want Disney to have my flight information if my flight was very late, after 11:00p, certainly after midnight.

I knew the yellow tags were the primary trigger but the bus organization makes sense too. I just knew that the reservation CMs have always told me to let them know if my arrival flight changed. I fiqured since not everyone flying in is going to WDW that it helps them to know which flights to look for in order to look for the yellow tags. Thanks for the info!

Yes we got ours back blank as well. This also happened to us in August. I've had more problems with Disney Reservations that I booked it this time through the Internet. Then some how again they cancelled my reservation (And didn't let us know) and opened a new reservation. The only reason I noticed was because it showed we got a credit on our old reservation. What a mess.

I (finally!) called DME yesterday. They had our names and arrival and departure dates, but not our flight numbers. The lovely woman I spoke with said that often some information is lost in the transfer between the WDW computer system and theirs. I gave her our flight #s and times, so now it's on their system.

The call's toll-free, so if any of you have the same situation, give them a call so they'll know your flight info before you get there. 1-866-599-0951.

Yes, I did the same thing, I called and gave all the info and they sent the packet with no information in it. I called and they were very helpful and entered it all in again (said it was not there!). So hopefully we won't have to hitchhike to the resort! ha ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter