• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DME great, but how do I get some groceries?

treloarf

DIS Veteran
I havent' been to WDW for over a year - that's a great deal with DME, but we are staying at DVC & always used a towncar service who stopped at the grocery store. How does everyone get some groceries for their stay? Do you just buy them at your resort or bring some stuff from home?

I've used both netgrocer.com and wegoshop.com. The really nice thing about wegoshop.com is that you can get dairy, fresh fruits etc. from them where you can't with netgrocer. You will set up a delivery time with them and they get there pretty close to that time. We used them in June at BCV and they were really prompt. They had said that with DME going on, they were really busy!!!

I have also used We Go Shop. The people were very nice, on time, and got the specific brand names of things on our list. It was so much easier than shopping and hauling a grocery order to your room. In addition to food for the room we got plenty of bottled water, juice boxes and snacks so we didn't spend very much $$ in the parks. We scheduled the delivery for around 7 pm on our checkin day. We had an early dinner at chef Mickey to get our vacation off to the right start and headed back to VWL for the delivery. I think one of us waited and the rest went to the pool. They will also deliver alcohol which was a big plus. No need to spend $3 a beer at the pool. It is a really convenient service and I highly recommend it.

The reason I went with Gooding's is because there was no need to schedule a delivery time, and thus no need to make sure we were at the room (or even at the resort) at a specific time. Gooding's, which is a local upscale (that means EXPENSIVE) independent supermarket, delivers to your resort's Bell Services (BS). BS then delivers it to you. The cool thing is, BS calls you to see if you're in your room, and if you're not then they hold onto it for you. Gooding's separately bags and labels your items that need refrigeration, and then BS keeps it cold for you. They leave a message for you, and when you get in you ask for your delivery at your leisure.

The two possible downsides to Gooding's: I'm told they're the most expensive grocer in the area; and they can't deliver alcohol.

I used Gooding's when I used DME on May 8, and has a very positive experience, right down to my special requests. One of my special requests was about the bananas I ordered -- I wanted some ripe and some green so we'd have fresh edible bananas all week, and Gooding's came through for me.

-- Eric :earsboy:

I am using wegoshop and I did not have to schedule a delivery time. In fact my order will be waiting when I arrive at AKL on 10/4. While they prefer to deliver your items in person, especially if you ordered fruit or lunchmeat, they will leave the order with bell services.

So far my contact with them has been excellent and the prices are much better than goodings even with the delivery charges. They will also deliver wine or beer if you wish where goodings or netgrocer will not.

HTH
TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter