DME booking question

justhat

<font color=teal>DC DISer<br><font color=red>pick
We just booked a room only trip on Sunday for 9/30-10/2. My husband and I are arriving separately so it would be easiest for us if he could take DME to the resort. Can you use DME if you book room only, or is it just for packages? Also, his flight arrives around 10:30pm. Does DME still run then or do they stop service after a certain time? He won't have any checked bags, just carryons, and it will just be him and my niece-my daughter and I are arriving earlier that day. Thanks for the help-I never even looked into DME since we don't want to transport my daughter all the way from the airport to the resort without her carset so I know nothing about it.

justhat said:
We just booked a room only trip on Sunday for 9/30-10/2. My husband and I are arriving separately so it would be easiest for us if he could take DME to the resort. Can you use DME if you book room only, or is it just for packages? Also, his flight arrives around 10:30pm. Does DME still run then or do they stop service after a certain time? He won't have any checked bags, just carryons, and it will just be him and my niece-my daughter and I are arriving earlier that day. Thanks for the help-I never even looked into DME since we don't want to transport my daughter all the way from the airport to the resort without her carset so I know nothing about it.
DME is for all WDW resort guests why fly into MCO. Package, no package, doesn't matter.

DME runs at all hours. Your husband will be just fine.

About your daughter -- you don't want her on a DME bus because you can't use a carseat on the bus. Did you rent a car? If not, you'll be disappointed to hear that you also can't use a carseat on Disney Transport buses. If you're using Disney Transport but figure that's OK because she'll be riding short distances compared with driving from MCO to your resort, PLEASE reconsider. The only time I was ever injured in a motor vehicle accident, I was one block away from where I started.

All that being said, the kids are relatively safe on the buses. We used DME with our 5 year old and 2.5 year old kids. The seats are high and plush.

I know we can't use the carseat on the Disney buses, but we're thinking about renting a car, just not totally sure yet. In the past we've just used Disney buses with her (it will be her 5th trip) and I wasn't thrilled with it, but thought she was probably safer in their bus than us driving in an unfamiliar place. My fear with the DME bus (and also the DCL bus which we didn't use) was that since it's such a long ride and at higher speeds compared to the bus rides from resort to park that I won't be able to keep her seated properly the whole way. On the subway here at home she'll sit only so long, then starts putting her mouth on the seats, windows, etc., so then I move her, then she tries to stand up, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter