• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DME and last minute changes

tigereye

Mouseketeer
Quick question about DME. I've been waffling about whether or not to use the dining plan for our upcoming trip. If I were to make a change at the last minute (say 2 weeks prior to arrival) from package to room only or vice versa, would I be able to use the same set of DME tags, or would I have to do something else? I'd imagine there wouldn't be time to get a new set in the 2 weeks before the trip, so not sure what the procedure would be.

Thanks,

Mike

If your resort stays the same, I can't see how DME would be impacted. :confused3

If you are staying at the same resort for the same days, no change would be necessary. If your flight info or reservation info changed, I would call DME directly with the new info.

Last year my daughters flight info changed while she was enroute as some flights were cancelled. I called DME while she was in the air and gave them the new info. No problem. She got to the resort just fine, as did her luggage.

If you are staying at the same resort for the same days, no change would be necessary. If your flight info or reservation info changed, I would call DME directly with the new info.

Last year my daughters flight info changed while she was enroute as some flights were cancelled. I called DME while she was in the air and gave them the new info. No problem. She got to the resort just fine, as did her luggage.

Thanks! Wasn't sure if the tags were tied to the reservation number.

The tags are indeed tied to your resort reservation number. So, if you decide to change your reservation, be sure the number doesn't change. Many times, if a package is changed to room only, the original reservation has to be cancelled and a new one issued for the room only reservation. If that is your situation, the tags may need to be changed.

The tags are indeed tied to your resort reservation number. So, if you decide to change your reservation, be sure the number doesn't change. Many times, if a package is changed to room only, the original reservation has to be cancelled and a new one issued for the room only reservation. If that is your situation, the tags may need to be changed.

That is correct. The tags are tied to the reservation, so if that changes, it would change the tags. If you have to change, call DME directly. They can and do expedite new tags that you can receive in just a few days. It took three days for me and I had new tags from the time I called.

Yes, I agree, it's the change from resort to room-only (or vice versa) that would mess things up and make it necessary for you to get new tags, even if the resort stays the same.

The strange thing is, if you change resorts but maintain the same TYPE of reservation (meaning room-only OR package), your reservation number won't change and thus you won't need new tags, even though the tags will have the wrong resort pre-printed on them.

No, it doesn't have to make sense, it's just the way it is.:happytv:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter