DLR vs. DCA for little kids

MFan

A budget-conscious traveler
We have been to Disneyland countless times, but have not yet set foot in DCA because from everything I read and heard, it doesn't offer many rides for little kids (DS 5, DD 2-1/2, DD 1). However, I have since heard that it does offer little kids many non-ride attractions, like fountains, play structures, etc without nearly the crowd in Disneyland. Is that true? Does it have many non-ride attractions for little kids? How does it compare with Disneyland in that regard? :confused: :confused: :confused:

It will cost us $20/pass to upgrade our annual passes to both parks. Since we live in Northern California, we figure we could use the upgraded pass for 6 more days of visits before they expire. Is it worth it to pay the extra $20 for DCA? :confused: :confused: :confused:

TIA

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We have been enjoying DCA since our little one was 3 years old. It has a very different feel than DL. My daughter really enjoys the Muppet Show and Blast! There seems to be many more street performers so we just stroll along and enjoy a lot of the side shows. There's a small arts and crafts area near the Soaring attraction with cast members who help with the creations. My daughter also loves Soaring but they do have a height restriction. Overall, we think that the food choices and quality are much better at DCA. For us, we often start the day at DL and when the crowds get too large it's over to DCA for the rest of the day. Have fun!:D

depending on when you are planning to go, Fliks Fun Faire might be open. It is a new mini land just for the younger set ! Also i think the Redwood creek challenge area is another place for kids.

The Redwood Creek play area is great for little kids!! DS8 & DS2 can spend hours there - climbing, sliding, the tire swing, storytelling - it's great. Don't forget CA also has the Electric Light Parade, the Muppet Show and the aquaduct play area (bring bathing suits!). None of these are rides but your kids will enjoy themselves. If its only $20 to upgrade I would go for it.

:bounce:

My son has preferred DCA since it opened when he was 6. Redwood Creek is a big plus for him.

We don't spen a full day at DCA, we go to DCA during our DL trip to decompress for a few hours - see a parade, play on the trail, etc. We do this often a couple times in a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter