DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with a pre-existing GCH reservation succeed in getting a discount? Since they are porting over DLH guests at DLH price, seems like it might be worth asking.
No but I don’t know that anyone has tried. I don’t intend to personally but to each their own! The worst they say is no.

GCH woods view. We received the 35% off of current rack rate and moved our $50 night resort credit over to our current reservation. This was the offer for rebooking back in early April. Our initial reservation was for 3 nights in late April. We changed several times trying to keep up with the new dates: June 18, July 14, July 15 and finally July 16 with a “back up” reservation of July 26. Needless to say, we are now left with the 26th plan. I’ve not tried to request anything else as I think this deal is as good or better than the DLH rate being ported over to the GCH for a comparable room. Good luck and I hope there is an opportunity for people to save as much as they can.

We have flex passes and I received the email today. They expire June 27 and our dates have not been extended on the app yet.

I really hope they are selling tickets again by Christmas. If we don’t get to go to Disneyland one last time at the holidays, I’m going to be pretty upset.

Nothing known beyond you can get a refund or an extension for the closure period. There is no cancel for the rest of the AP’s duration for health reasons option at this time. When we know more @theluckyrabbit will post the info on the first page
Is there a deadline to make a decision? We are Deluxe APs and planning to visit in November. However, we are coming from Toronto and depending on the reservation system it may be a waste of our time to go (like if we can only book two days at a time). So we are kind of sitting and waiting to see what that will look like...

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CI...19/Guidance-for-Face-Coverings_06-18-2020.pdf
For those traveling from out of state. California just issued a state-wide mask order in public places. Prior to this it was based on the county or city you were in. Plan accordingly.

@theluckyrabbit should this be added to the front page for those coming out of state?
It's been added to the first page.

Just got this in email. No purchases or renewals of APs during "this time"...
Added to the first page!

Added to the first page!

Is there a deadline to make a decision? We are Deluxe APs and planning to visit in November. However, we are coming from Toronto and depending on the reservation system it may be a waste of our time to go (like if we can only book two days at a time). So we are kind of sitting and waiting to see what that will look like...
So far, no official deadline has been announced. It has been reported on this board that CMs have told people calling about making a decision that Disney is expected to announce a deadline at some point.

I called to move our 11/26-11/28 to PPH from off site. I was told by the CM that PPH was no longer offering concierge level at all. Normally I can only use the military discount on Concierge level rooms so was happy that I received it for the standard room.

Are Salute tickets included in the ticket freeze? Thank you!

So it looks like the amount of days granted has to do with how the pass was purchased. Mine was a signature plus upgraded to premier at a Disneyland ticket booth which gave me 125 days.

I have not spent time figuring out the days. But my pass was also purchased my pass at the Disneyland ticket booth back in March last year. It is ok either way. Just an observation about it should not really restart until all parks on both coasts re-open. It is not a big deal though. My pass was last used 3/13 at Epcot.

Did other AP holders get this email? I have not...

My pass expired late March and I have not been receiving any of the emails for awhile now. I am sure the expired pass is the reason for that. I get my news from here and Facebook as people post it all anyway!

From another thread, for those with tickets to Star Wars Nite:

Just got off the phone with Disney and was given a refund without any problems. I waited until I saw a report on Twitter of someone getting a refund and I also wanted to call early because I didn’t want to be on hold forever. Hope this helps anyone who was waiting for reports of successfully getting a refund.

I don't know why I am not receiving the AP email. How do I fix this? Thank goodness for the boards!

I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this question, and I apologized if I overlooked it in this thread:

1) I had booked a Concierge Level room at the GCH using DVC points (which obviously were converted to reservation points) over Easter Weekend (such a bad decision to do this in the last 4 months of my UY - but what's done is done).

My reservation was cancelled (as you know) due to Covid-19. Since DVC Management wasn't addressing these types of points and it seemed like they were going to expire at the end of my AUG UY, I booked a placeholder room shortly after the shutdown for 7/29, 30 & 31. It seems now that they are not booking Concierge Level Rooms. Does anyone know if they are "honoring" the Concierge Lounge service for those that already had this type of room booked?

2) From the thread I see that you need a reservation to have access to the Parks. Is the reservation system up and running? Is there any priority for those that are staying on property? Just wondering how this is all going to work. I haven't received any information directly from Disney about my upcoming reservation.

TIA for your guidance.

I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this question, and I apologized if I overlooked it in this thread:

1) I had booked a Concierge Level room at the GCH using DVC points (which obviously were converted to reservation points) over Easter Weekend (such a bad decision to do this in the last 4 months of my UY - but what's done is done).

My reservation was cancelled (as you know) due to Covid-19. Since DVC Management wasn't addressing these types of points and it seemed like they were going to expire at the end of my AUG UY, I booked a placeholder room shortly after the shutdown for 7/29, 30 & 31. It seems now that they are not booking Concierge Level Rooms. Does anyone know if they are "honoring" the Concierge Lounge service for those that already had this type of room booked?

2) From the thread I see that you need a reservation to have access to the Parks. Is the reservation system up and running? Is there any priority for those that are staying on property? Just wondering how this is all going to work. I haven't received any information directly from Disney about my upcoming reservation.

TIA for your guidance.
I can't answer your first question, but as to the second, the reservation system is not yet open for DL. Staying on-site is presumed to give you an advantage, especially (or perhaps only) if you already have tickets. However, nothing is for certain until we get the official word from Disney.

(Mod Edit) NB: THIS POST IS REGARDING WDW"S RESERVATION SYSTEM ONLY
Introducing the Disney Park Pass System
Before you visit a park, you must make a reservation using this convenient online tool—coming soon. Check this page often for up-to-date details.

Learn About Other Updated Experiences.
Plan Ahead for Your Next Park Visit

Magic Kingdom park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park will begin a phased reopening on July 11—with Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopening on July 15.
To manage attendance during this reopening period, while also helping Guests plan ahead before their arrival, we are introducing the new Disney Park Pass system. During this time, all Guests with valid admission will be required to make a reservation in advance for each park entry, using this new online tool.
To enter a park, both a park reservation AND valid admission for the same park on the same date are required for each person in your party ages 3 and up (limit one park per day).
Booking Dates for Park Reservations
The Disney Park Pass system will be available soon to select Guests. Booking dates vary based on your plans.
  • Beginning June 22, 2020, Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with valid theme park admission can make reservations.
  • Beginning June 26, 2020, Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations.
  • Beginning June 28, 2020, existing ticket holders can make reservations.
Park reservations will be available through September 26, 2021, based on your Resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window.
If you booked a vacation package, your ticket eligibility is tied to your package travel dates. To make a park reservation for a different date, be sure to modify your vacation package dates.
If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations.
Want to Book a New Vacation?
By June 28, all Guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability online prior to purchasing their tickets.
Later this summer, we will resume sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort hotel arrivals, based on availability of park reservations, while we continue to provide Guests with existing tickets and Annual Passholders the opportunity to make park reservations for 2020 dates.

Step 1: Link Your Admission to Your Disney Account

To get started, you’ll need valid park admission that’s linked to your Disney account.
Once your admission is linked to your account, you can begin to make a park reservation.
Go to Step 2

Step 2: Create Your Party

When you begin to make a reservation, you’ll be prompted to create your party from your Family & Friends list.
Simply select the family and friends you’d like to include, then select “Continue”.
Don’t see someone in your travel party? Select “Add a Guest” to include them.
Note: You may need to make more than one Disney Park Pass reservation for your party depending on your admission type. Please make sure your party consists of Annual Passholders or theme park ticket holders.
Staying in a Disney Resort or other select hotel with a package that includes tickets? Everyone in your party must also have a hotel reservation. If this varies, you will need to make separate Disney Park Pass reservations.
Go to Step 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter