• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLR Penny Arcade question for Canadian coins...

lwilkison

Mouseketeer
Hey DIS'ers! :wave2:

I have been putting together our trip plans and I have emptied the chocolate from the mini M&M containers popcorn::to fill with 2 quarters then 1 penny, 2 quarters then 1 penny...repeat until full. :thumbsup2 for the Penny Arcade...but :sad:

Now I cannot remember if the machines/penny presses in the Penny Arcade in DLR take Canadian coins?! :rotfl2:

I thought they did but it has been 2 years since we were there last time...does anyone else know?:blush:

Or if someone is there now...and has coins/quarters and pennies from Canada can you please try in the machines and let me know?!

We are down to our 16 days countdown :hourglass

See you soon :banana:

Hi there! I can't answer your questions about the candadian coins but just to let you know the pressed penny machines are all gone in the arcade:(

Here is a link to the current machines.http://www.parkpennies.com/disneylandpennychecklists/disneylandchecklist.htm
We got nearly every one on the list! The ones that are incorrect on there are the PFF ones (no longer there and we couldn't find where they relocated to) and the one at Main street train station (was moved and no one knows if it got put somewhere else).

We had such a fun time getting them this last trip- we got all 3 hotels, park ones, Huntington beach and a cpl from Legoland. Lots of fun:
You can see all our coins on my trip report (at the very bottom of the page) at http://ouradventuresasafoursome.blogspot.com/2012/09/day-8-saturday.html

I'm sorry I can't answer your question but I did want to say GREAT IDEA! I had never thought of putting quarters and pennies in a M&M container!!! My DS is big on collecting them and we will DEFINITELY be using that container!!! :thumbsup2

I think I remember a lengthy thread a few years ago discussing this and the answer is no, no Canadian coins. Sorry:worried:

lwilkison, check your change and you'll likely find some of the stores giving you U.S. pennies. We get an average of two per week and put them into our 'U.S. Coin' piggy bank. We often get dimes and quarters too.

Just fyi, I did the M&M container when DD was really into pressed pennies, it didn't work. The container kept popping open and we just had loose change all over in our park bag(s). We ended up using a small change purse and putting only pennies and quarters in it, worked much better.

Hi there! I can't answer your questions about the candadian coins but just to let you know the pressed penny machines are all gone in the arcade:(

Here is a link to the current machines.http://www.parkpennies.com/disneylandpennychecklists/disneylandchecklist.htm
We got nearly every one on the list! The ones that are incorrect on there are the PFF ones (no longer there and we couldn't find where they relocated to) and the one at Main street train station (was moved and no one knows if it got put somewhere else).

We had such a fun time getting them this last trip- we got all 3 hotels, park ones, Huntington beach and a cpl from Legoland. Lots of fun:
You can see all our coins on my trip report (at the very bottom of the page) at http://ouradventuresasafoursome.blogspot.com/2012/09/day-8-saturday.html

What the heck is in the penny arcade now?!

Just fyi, I did the M&M container when DD was really into pressed pennies, it didn't work. The container kept popping open and we just had loose change all over in our park bag(s). We ended up using a small change purse and putting only pennies and quarters in it, worked much better.

I don't know if any of you use Airborne, but the tube containers those come in work great for this. We've done this on our last couple of trips to WDW. I'm saving them for our trip next summer when we make it out to DLR!

http://www.airbornehealth.com/products/effervescent/lemon-lime/

I forgot to mention, the generic airborne I get at Target has the same type tubes. They have a really tight fitting lid.

What the heck is in the penny arcade now?!

From photos, it appears to be mostly candy and maybe a little other merchandise? There are still a few arcade pieces but they're more set dressing than anything else. :(

It does appear that most of the old machines have gotten new penny designs and taken over to DCA. So I'm sad that I can't get my old favorites, but excited to pick up some new coins.

lwilkison said:
Hey DIS'ers! :wave2:

I have been putting together our trip plans and I have emptied the chocolate from the mini M&M containers popcorn::to fill with 2 quarters then 1 penny, 2 quarters then 1 penny...repeat until full. :thumbsup2 for the Penny Arcade...but :sad:

Now I cannot remember if the machines/penny presses in the Penny Arcade in DLR take Canadian coins?! :rotfl2:

I thought they did but it has been 2 years since we were there last time...does anyone else know?:blush:

Or if someone is there now...and has coins/quarters and pennies from Canada can you please try in the machines and let me know?!

We are down to our 16 days countdown :hourglass

See you soon :banana:

I don't know the answer that the machines take Canadian coins, but why would you expect them to?

On my last trip in July, it took some hunting to find machines.

krispin41 said:

A lot if the machines are really hidden. Hopefully that list I linked to will help some! It was nice for us to know what shops and exact locations the machines were in!

lwilkison, check your change and you'll likely find some of the stores giving you U.S. pennies. We get an average of two per week and put them into our 'U.S. Coin' piggy bank. We often get dimes and quarters too.

We do the same and for our trip that is in only three weeks, we almost have 10$ in coins!!!!

I don't know the answer that the machines take Canadian coins, but why would you expect them to? well...:upsidedow

Here in Canada we use US coins and CAN coins interchangeably...they are both equal.:thumbsup2

From what I remember of my last visit to the US...I could use CAN change in only some places...so I just wanted to make sure the I prepared the right "coin containers" for my family::yes::

lwilkison said:
Here in Canada we use US coins and CAN coins interchangeably...they are both equal.:thumbsup2

From what I remember of my last visit to the US...I could use CAN change in only some places...so I just wanted to make sure the I prepared the right "coin containers" for my family::yes::

Makes total "cents" LOL.

I am not sure on the Canadian pennies in the machines, but we just came back from a WDW trip where we took a m&m's tube of quarter/quarter/penny in our carry-on luggage through airport security. We left from Seattle, WA and never thought twice about packing the tube of coins in our carry-on luggage or taking the coins out of the tube/carry-on bag when going through security/x-ray.

I strongly suggest that when you get to the x-ray machines at the airport that you remove the tube with coins from your bag and put it in one of those bins and also disclose that it is a tube of coins. Apparently a m&m's tube of coins going through your luggage in an x-ray machine looks like an explosive. After almost an hour of questioning and the security bringing us all the items from our carry-on out to us one-by-one, they pulled out the tube of coins, which was the problem.

It was a good thing we were very early to our flight that day and we did make our plan with time to spare :)

But, with that said, the tube of coins worked great for in the parks. I also suggest bringing a second empty tube to put the newly pressed pennies in (if you don't have a pressed penny book). Next time though we will just have the tube out of our bag for security screening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter