• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLR Monorail Update

mechurchlady

DIS Veteran
Orange and blue were in use today. Blue has them pop out windows so it was stifling warm bordering on unbearable. Monorail Orange has the same pop out windows but the top panel is missing so you get cool air.

Rear cab rides are back.:cool1: People are lining up at the rear to get in the rear cab. There is one car with wide doors for the disabled. It will hold two powerchairs, pushchairs or wheelchairs but only one ECV. CMs ask the disabled guests to board at that car. There is a ramp they put down to get over the one or two inch high difference between car floor and loading dock. You can try talking to CMs if you are in a hurry and will fold a chair like I did. Disabled guests may use the elevator by going all the way around the lines until they are at the lagoon. Procede up the exit with the lagoon to your left. Eventually you will be at the exit and can use the elevator.

I loved riding in monorail orange and it was not stifling or hot inside like monorail blue.

What are the actual stops/route for the monorail? It's not quite like WDW right? it goes in the park?

What are the actual stops/route for the monorail? It's not quite like WDW right? it goes in the park?

The monorial has 2 stops: one in Tomorrowland and one near the end of Downtown Disney (near the Disneyland Hotel). It cycles in a loop. You must have a valid park ticket to get on the monorail in Downtown Disney (they will do security checks there also before you enter the monorail station). At busy times or when there is only one monorail running, they may empty the train at each stop, so don't count on being able to take a round trip.

I don't understand why they took the open windows out...I can imagine how horrible that will be in the summer!! I probably won't ride it unless the ones with the opened windows are running...ugh.

I don't understand why they took the open windows out...I can imagine how horrible that will be in the summer!! I probably won't ride it unless the ones with the opened windows are running...ugh.
It was stifling and this was not even summer time. It is going to be like a can of worms setting in a campfire. I would hate to be in one of them cans at 7 PM on a day when it is in the 90's or higher.

The official announcement and rules are that the monorails are a one-way trip. The trip into the park I saw a lot of people not getting off. The trip out most people got off. I think this is case by case depending on monorail lines for example so be prepared to get off and then back on. To avoid the stairs use the disabled/stroller exit to the elevator then out the other gate.

There is less seating in the new cars unfortunately. Strollers must be folded, if they cannot be folded then contact the CM as you might have to use the wheelchair entrance if the stroller does not fit in the door. At two wheelchairs or one ECV it can be a long wait for the disabled.

WDW runs in circles between Magic Kingdom and TTC and a second route has resorts also included. There is also a TTC to Epcot monorail. No admission is needed and it is fun to ride and tour on WDW monorails. DLR allows 5 in the cab but WDW was 4 per cab ride last I checked.

Park Rentals
If you have a DLR wheelchair or ECV and wish to ride you may take the elevator to the loading platform. Get in line and inform the CM that you will be transferring to the car or cab and will be doing a round trip. Cab rides are supposed to be one way though so that is a dilemma you will have to talk to the CM about. You may take the chair or ECV to the side of the car, board and then have the CM or a member of your party park the ECV along the railing.

If you rent a stroller and are using it as a wheelchair then show the CM the GAC that indicates it is a "stroller as a wheelchair" and you can park the stroller on the loading dock.

On Friday they were running Orange and Saturday I saw blue.. I love the orange one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter